Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Titans Trailer

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Titans Trailer  Empty Titans Trailer

Post  AdamCollings July 19th 2018, 9:43 pm

Wow. Greg Berlanti is stepping into some new territory with his latest DC series, Titans.

(Language Warning)

I would have expected Teen Titans to be the most CW-ish show of all, because it's about teenagers, but this seems extremely adult (at least in the surface ways).
    Teen Titans Go, this 'aint!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Titans Trailer  Empty Re: Titans Trailer

Post  Paeter July 20th 2018, 8:57 am

Yeah, I'm definitely planning to talk about this next week. I like a lot of what I see them going for, but the F-bomb feels like they're trying too hard to say "we're edgy". I can watch movies filled with F-bombs and not recoil, but this just didn't seem fitting. Hopefully its a sign that he will be transitioning to Nitewing very quickly, as that kind of edge feels all wrong for Robin but could work much more easily for me with Nitewing.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi July 20th 2018, 9:01 am

Since I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain from commenting on this trailer.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 20th 2018, 9:05 am

jorowi wrote:Since I have nothing nice to say, I will refrain from commenting on this trailer.

lol! Way to show restraint.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings July 21st 2018, 11:03 pm

I haven't really said what I personally think of this yet. Here's something I posted in another community.

Funny thing is, if I had access to this, I'd probably give it a chance. I'm not overly familiar with most of the Teen Titan characters, so have no real preconceived idea of how they should be portrayed. As for Robin, I don't mind story-tellers creating their own new take on these iconic characters, so I have no issue with him being angry at Batman, as long as it's well done and there are logical believable character motivations. It could add some interesting drama. I generally prefer my superheroes on the darker more serious side anyway. The big question is, is this just gonna have the trappings of edginess "let's throw in swear words and blood to make it all grown up", or will it actually have some proper mature grown-up storytelling with some depth. If the latter, then it has potential to be great. If the former, not so much.

So basically, if I had the chance to see it, I'd give it a go, but I'm not gonna loose sleep over not having access to it. DC is so fragmented, so many different versions on screen at once. I'm just not sure I feel the need to invest in yet another version of the universe.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 23rd 2018, 5:38 pm

AdamCollings wrote: The big question is, is this just gonna have the trappings of edginess "let's throw in swear words and blood to make it all grown up", or will it actually have some proper mature grown-up storytelling with some depth. If the latter, then it has potential to be great. If the former, not so much.

Totally agree. Will be interesting to see what they do!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike July 24th 2018, 2:13 pm

Titans Trailer wrote:Crook: "Where's Batman!?!"

Nightwing: "F*** Batman."

This is not a promising start.

Raven looks interesting, very horror show. But... Nightwing steps on a guy's neck and breaks it. Dove uses her razor-edged (!!) feathers to hamstring a guy. Starfire roasts some dude alive. .... and this was just the stuff I could make out from the trailer. Also, Starfire is *really* off model; it's like they just couldn't commit to the orange makeup and paid no attention to body shape. I get that alternate skin coloration on aliens/mutants is inconvenient to do, but we've got Hellboy, Gamora, and two versions of Mystique to prove that it's not really that hard.

This is not my Teen Titans, not even remotely.

AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed July 27th 2018, 1:51 am

mindspike wrote:
    Titans Trailer wrote:Crook: "Where's Batman!?!"

Nightwing: "F*** Batman."

This is not a promising start.

Raven looks interesting, very horror show. But... Nightwing steps on a guy's neck and breaks it. Dove uses her razor-edged (!!) feathers to hamstring a guy. Starfire roasts some dude alive. .... and this was just the stuff I could make out from the trailer. Also, Starfire is *really* off model; it's like they just couldn't commit to the orange makeup and paid no attention to body shape. I get that alternate skin coloration on aliens/mutants is inconvenient to do, but we've got Hellboy, Gamora, and two versions of Mystique to prove that it's not really that hard.

This is not my Teen Titans, not even remotely.

I'm with you. Too dark for me. I can take a dark movie, but a series keeps me in the darkness too long, and I get depressed. Plus, I hate Starfire's look.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 6:11 pm