Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance? Empty Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance?

Post  Paeter October 31st 2018, 10:19 am

As you guys may know, I'm a big fan of DC Comics characters, but in the last 5 years or so have failed to enjoy the comics and CW shows. Regarding the shows specifically, I dislike the shallow relationship subplots, some seemingly empty/superficial characters, casting that seems to emphasize looks over performance, and that overall "runway model" hair and makeup look given to characters even when they are getting out of bed in the morning.

Despite all this, the promos for new episodes always focus on the parts I might like, such as the big action/FX sequences and high stakes. The last time I was lured into checking in on a DC show was 2 years ago, I think. And I felt tricked, as many of the same things that had bothered me before were still present.

Now I've seen news that John Wesley Shipp's Flash is coming to the Flash show via multiverse plotline. (Shipp has also played Barry's Dad on the Flash show, though I don't know if that has been the case lately or not. Please don't spoil it for me.) This clearly seems like a move to connect with people my age who remember that show. And I'm guessing that many of these shows' earlier seasons are cheap on home video. I'm also increasingly interested in having shows I can put on while grinding in video games. Shows that are "good enough", but not so good I'd regret not giving them my undivided attention. So my question is this:

Based on all that, is there a chance it might be worth it for me to give any of these shows another try? Or have the elements I've described as my turn-offs not lessened at all in recent seasons?

Here's where I got the news

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance? Empty Re: Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance?

Post  mindspike October 31st 2018, 11:22 am

No.

Don't look back. If you want Elseworlds action, reach for Sliders on DVD.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance? Empty Re: Does The 90's Flash's Return Mean I Should Give CW's DC Another Chance?

Post  Paeter October 31st 2018, 11:31 am

mindspike wrote:No.

Don't look back. If you want Elseworlds action, reach for Sliders on DVD.

Lol!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 5:47 am