Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie Empty Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie

Post  Rickster November 12th 2018, 1:08 pm

Since I'm sure everyone is excited for this here is the trailer to new Pokemon movie Detective Pikachu staring Ryan Reynolds as Pikachu

Last edited by Rickster on November 12th 2018, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie Empty Re: Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie

Post  AGoodReed November 12th 2018, 8:25 pm

Beat me to it.

When I first heard about this, I knew it wasn't a joke, but I kind of doubted it would actually come to fruition. It's such a niche-sounding thing, because it's not just Pokémon, it's a spinoff of Pokémon.

I haven't been a fan of Pokémon since high school at the latest, but I'm quite interested in seeing this. But it's obviously more adult-focused.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie Empty Re: Detective Pikachu a live action Pokemon movie

Post  Rickster November 12th 2018, 9:28 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

I haven't been a fan of Pokémon since high school at the latest, but I'm quite interested in seeing this. But it's obviously more adult-focused.

I was never into Pokemon and this actually got me interested in seeing the movie
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike November 13th 2018, 12:43 pm

My son is over the moon about this movie. For my part, it's a bit like seeing Tom and Jerry speak.... very unsettling. Guess we'll see.

Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 14th 2018, 10:00 am

Reminds me of when they take an old TV property and reboot it on the big screen with a new comedic flavor...

and I'm in!

Half the jokes fell flat to me (as usual when up against my apparently cold and mirthless heart) but swapping out the super cheery/cartoony anime vibe for this has me very interested. And if by some strange miracle this move led to the games themselves getting a tonal makeover? I could imagine a scenario where I'm 40-something pokemon player.

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed November 14th 2018, 9:07 pm

Yeah, the jokes in the trailer super basic for me, too, but I think I'm more interested in the story than the humor anyway.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike November 14th 2018, 9:28 pm

I play Pokemon Go and I'm not ashamed of it! There are worse games in the world, and "Go" really is like an AR version of the original video game. It's no accident that it was the original's addictive game play that rocketed it to fame. All of the secondary media came later. You like RPG style games? Check out pretty much any version of Pokemon. It's staggeringly good. I've clocked more than 1000 hours of game time playing Red, Silver, and Emerald.

On the other hand, this is the Pokemon movie I really wanted to see....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 9:16 am