Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story)

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story) Empty Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story)

Post  AGoodReed December 9th 2018, 2:42 am

IMDB synopsis: "What if a child from another world crash-landed on Earth, but instead of becoming a hero to mankind, he proved to be something far more sinister?"

There've been a few "What if Superman were evil?" stories (like the comic series Irredeemable, for instance), but I've never seen one where they flip the script on him as a kid. Kind of like Superman meets The Omen or something.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story) Empty Re: Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story)

Post  AdamCollings December 9th 2018, 5:55 pm

WOW!

There is more deliberate Supeman imagery in this than I would have guessed, even from your description.
    This looks amazing!

Y'know, I could almost get behind this as an actual backstory for Superman himself, slowly and gradually transitioning from scary terror to moral hero, because of the upbringing of his human parents (and dare I say, their Christian influence, which even Man of Steel hinted at). Smallville flirted with that idea a little, but could have done more.

Anyway, I think I need to see this one.

And something this dark and serious from James Gunn? That's the biggest shock of all. (Reminder to self - don't put artists in a box, confining them to their previous work)
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story) Empty Re: Brightburn trailer (Superman as a horror story)

Post  AdamCollings December 9th 2018, 6:00 pm

And I have to say, the trailer itself, is a work of art. Replace the music with something more heroic sounding, and keep everything else, the dialog, the pictures, and right up until the last 20 seconds, it could almost be a Superman trailer. Very clever. They've twisted and turned every trope.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 11th 2018, 9:21 am

Holy crap I'm in. If this would have been from WB I'd be convinced it was a stealth alternate-earth DC movie.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 14th 2024, 9:39 pm