Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Recommendations For "Serious, Character-Driven, Serialized, Completed Geek Shows"

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Recommendations For "Serious, Character-Driven, Serialized, Completed Geek Shows" Empty Recommendations For "Serious, Character-Driven, Serialized, Completed Geek Shows"

Post  Paeter January 16th 2019, 10:30 am

Yeah, that's pretty specific.

I'm stalling out in the third season of Fringe.

Trying out Season 1 of Person Of Interest and it's good but not serialized enough for me yet.

I don't like investing in shows until they are finished without being cancelled. (Had the rug yanked out from under me too many times...)

So does anyone have any recommendations of shows I could check out on blu-ray/DVD that fit my criteria?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Recommendations For "Serious, Character-Driven, Serialized, Completed Geek Shows" Empty Re: Recommendations For "Serious, Character-Driven, Serialized, Completed Geek Shows"

Post  AdamCollings January 18th 2019, 6:02 pm

Have you seen Stargate Universe? It was a fantastic modern (post-BSG world) take on the Stargate franchise. Heavily serialised and character-driven. Very serious. It has more realism (scientific and psychological) than the previous shows. I'd say it would tick all your boxes except for one detail. It was cancelled at the end of season 2. You could view the ending as an un-fulfilled cliffhanger, or simply a bittersweet farewell to some characters whose fate we may never fully know. It's hard to explain what I mean without spoilers, but there is a way you can almost view it as kind of an ending. It's a mystery that is designed to be unresolved for a long period of time (so in a way it almost works better this way, because they would have had to resolve it sooner than was natural at the start of season 3) Anyway, if you can handle the unresolved nature, I suspect you'd love it.

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 4:56 am