Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

New Xbox Console Prices Revealed!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Xbox Console Prices Revealed! Empty New Xbox Console Prices Revealed!

Post  Paeter September 8th 2020, 11:06 am

$299 for the Series S & $499 for the Series X.

Came via leak, but microsoft has at least officially confirmed $299 for the S with promises of more info coming very soon.

So the game of Chicken between Microsoft and Sony has ended (via outside interference possibly), and we are likely to get official price info from both companies very soon! In fact I'm betting this is going to be a very interesting week in gaming news!

Here are the game informer links:
    Prices Leaked- https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/09/07/report-xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-pricing-revealed-launch-november-10
    Xbox Confirms- https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/09/08/microsoft-confirms-the-xbox-series-s-price-point

www.spiritblade.com

jorowi likes this post

jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

New Xbox Console Prices Revealed! Empty Re: New Xbox Console Prices Revealed!

Post  jorowi September 9th 2020, 10:16 am

$299 sounds like a reasonable price for a console. I didn't look at all the details, but I might be convinced to buy one for the family at that price.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 10th 2020, 9:49 am

jorowi wrote:$299 sounds like a reasonable price for a console. I didn't look at all the details, but I might be convinced to buy one for the family at that price.

And I think you are exactly the market they are going for. While it will not be as powerful as their main model (The Series X), and likely not as powerful as Playstation's next main model, they are marketing it as a next-gen console, which says to me it will be able to play all the games intended for the new generation. Add to that the option for Game Pass, and you could have an option for a family with diverse gaming interests that provides something for everyone in the home.

Usually, "family console" purchases are made later in a console generation, when prices have dropped. But Microsoft has set itself up here with an option that I suspect will be enticing to a LOT of families this Christmas season! I think its a great-looking option and hope that it will light a fire under Sony to wake up and compete!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi September 10th 2020, 10:12 am

The only thing that concerns me is that there is no physical media so I wouldn't actually own any of the games I purchased.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 11th 2020, 9:55 am

jorowi wrote:The only thing that concerns me is that there is no physical media so I wouldn't actually own any of the games I purchased.

That's true. Companies are getting better at keeping digital content available to purchasers after the fact. But the area to especially watch out for would be licensed games dealing with pre-existing properties. (Comic book characters, Dungeons & Dragons, etc). These licenses are usually granted to publishers for a limited time and the games often go into digital limbo when that time is up.

That said, for most games this is unlikely to be an issue, especially the first-party studio titles funded by microsoft.

You bring up a very good point, though! At the end of the day, having that disc means you can still play it even if the world shuts down.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 2:21 pm