Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows Empty Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows

Post  AdamCollings December 10th 2020, 8:42 pm

Disney+ just announced 7 new Star Wars shows, plus a movie.
    https://www.darkhorizons.com/star-wars-gets-new-ahsoka-lando-series/?fbclid=IwAR2owsbT8s9g0EYOZqHtoPCwTldadARLgRFhXkNwQI0-Rusi1p24XPiYswc

That'll mean they'll actually have more shows than Star Trek. (there are currently 6 new Trek shows already on air or in production)

Who'd have ever thought we'd be living in such a time?
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows Empty Re: Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows

Post  AGoodReed December 11th 2020, 9:41 am

I still think less is more. But modern content creators think that more must be more. This is the same problem WWE has had for years and one of the reasons I can't stand them (the other being that they're barely a wrestling company anymore, but I digress).

Plus, the way things are going, I fear at least a couple of these are going to include a lot of stuff to appease the "woke culture" - homosexual normalization, intersectionality, Critical Race Theory, etc. No, thank you.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows Empty Re: Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows

Post  Paeter December 11th 2020, 11:57 am

Wow, that sounds like a lot! But shows over movies seems like the way to go, and the variety of options means I have a statistically better chance of wanting to watch one of them. But we'll see! I need a lot more than just "it's Star Wars" to get me in the door.

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi December 11th 2020, 12:15 pm

The content continues to get watered-down and appeals to the least common denominator. Star Trek and Star Wars have become sci-fi-lite.

Twitter
    Instagram
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings December 12th 2020, 9:45 pm

AGoodReed wrote:Plus, the way things are going, I fear at least a couple of these are going to include a lot of stuff to appease the "woke culture" - homosexual normalization, intersectionality, Critical Race Theory, etc. No, thank you.

I think we can just assume that every sci-fi or fantasy show made from now on will have that kind of thing in it.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings December 12th 2020, 9:52 pm

I don't have a problem with a large number of shows. That does not necessarily correlate to a lower quality.
    A great example I like to hold up of this is the Netflix Marvel shows from a few years ago. They made at least 5 different shows, plus the team-up Defenders show, and they did so with a high degree of quality.

Everyone I've ever spoken to has said that The Mandalorian is very good (and I'm planning to see it in the new year). If they put the same care and love into these others shows, there's no reason they can't be equally loved.

And while modern Star Trek is certainly not free of flaws, overall I've really liked what they've created.
    I'm actually feeling pretty positive.

But in all of this, I'm really waiting with bated breath for a confirmed greenlight on the new Stargate show which is "in the works".

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed December 14th 2020, 7:58 pm

The Babylon Bee has an exclusive on even more Star Wars series that are on the docket!

https://babylonbee.com/news/heres-an-exclusive-inside-look-at-15-new-star-wars-shows

Disney+ Announces 7 New Star Wars Shows Articl11
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Post  AGoodReed December 19th 2020, 9:52 pm

I'd better start slapping an "Initial Response" label on all of my first replies to different topics on here, because I'm about to do another about-face.

After actually looking up the synopses of the upcoming Star Wars shows, it looks like I will have to watch at least a few of them if I want to really keep up with The Mandalorian.

The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic, and possibly
    Mandalorian spoiler:
    are all supposed to tell stories that connect with each other and build up to a "climactic story event," which I assume will be like those CW superhero show crossovers but with characters I actually like. Hopefully, each of these shows will be limited to around 8 episodes a season like The Mandalorian has been. That will make them more my speed, as long seasons are usually a major factor in keeping me away from watching a TV show.

I might also be interested in The Acolyte if it really is about a place and time in the Star Wars universe that hasn't been explored before. But I have little to no interest in shows about Lando Calrissian, Obi-Wan Kenobi, or Cassian Andor.

Slightly related aside: Even though I haven't seen a whole lot of The Clone Wars, I still think it's weird seeing Ahsoka Tano in live-action form. I kind of wish she would still be animated into the show, even if everything else is going to be animated and she's going to be voiced by Rosario Dawson.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 20th 2020, 12:11 am

AGoodReed wrote:

The Mandalorian, Ahsoka, Rangers of the New Republic, and possibly
    Mandalorian spoiler:
    are all supposed to tell stories that connect with each other and build up to a "climactic story event," which I assume will be like those CW superhero show crossovers but with characters I actually like.

Interesting! It looks like they may have found a way to play up the serialized nature of Star Wars even more! I like it!

Doubt I'll keep up with it all, but I like it!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi December 21st 2020, 11:47 am

They're applying the comic book cross-over model to streaming shows. I don't like it.

Twitter
    Instagram

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 12:56 pm