Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Should I Read Second Coming?

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Should I Read Second Coming? Empty Should I Read Second Coming?

Post  AGoodReed September 8th 2021, 7:51 pm

I just saw today that the comic book series Second Coming is available via one of my local libraries' online collection. If you don't remember, this is the series about Jesus coming back to earth to learn from a superhero since he "failed" his first time around. DC Comics was going to publish it until they got a lot of backlash and cancelled it. The creator got it published via a smaller company.

My question is, should I read it? It's obviously blasphemous to say or imply that Jesus failed at anything or that he needs to learn anything. I definitely wouldn't spend any money on it. But since it's free, I'm tempted to check it out just to see what kind of message the author might be trying to send. And it would give me material to critique on my Tumblr. But I don't want to sin in the process.

So what would you do?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Should I Read Second Coming? Empty Re: Should I Read Second Coming?

Post  Paeter September 8th 2021, 8:48 pm

I think we have good reason to believe that Paul familiarized himself with pagan writers in order to better understand where his potential audience was coming from. (Acts 17:28 & 1 Corinthians 9:19-23) So if your heart does it to honor and serve God I don't see a problem.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 7:54 am