Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year Empty New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year

Post  AdamCollings December 12th 2021, 8:40 pm

I was pretty excited to learn yesterday that there is a new Star Trek adventure game in the works to be released next year. Now the term "adventure game" can sometimes be used very liberally, so I was a bit sceptical if it really was the type of game I was expecting, but the company making this game are primarily made up of former Telltale employees. They describe it as a story-driven choice-based adventure game. Sounds awesome.

In my opinion, the best Star Trek games have always been adventure games. Obviously, I'm biased because I have a deep-seated love for the genre from growing up with Sierra and Lucasarts, but the ideas of peaceful exploration, solving problems through peaceful means, they all blend very nicely with the Star Trek ethos. I have such beautiful memories of playing Star Trek point and click adventure games in the 90s.

Anyway, I have pretty high hopes for this. Not sure if it'll run on our family laptop, but if not, it may be the extra push I need to finally try to upgrade from our PS3 to a second-hand PS4.
    It's a happy day!

https://trekmovie.com/2021/12/09/star-trek-resurgence-adventure-game-coming-to-pc-and-consoles-in-spring-2022/
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year Empty Re: New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year

Post  AdamCollings December 12th 2021, 8:40 pm

Oh, and it's set during the TNG movie era, which is probably my favourite era in the Star Trek timeline. Gotta love those gray Starfleet uniforms!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year Empty Re: New Star Trek Adventure Game coming out Next Year

Post  Paeter December 13th 2021, 9:35 pm

Saw this when I watched the game awards and it got my attention! Probably not the game for me, but you are dead on about those uniforms!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 5:42 pm