Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

The Adam Project

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

The Adam Project Empty The Adam Project

Post  AdamCollings February 14th 2022, 8:22 pm

Interesting

This could have potential. Looks like a mix of sci-fi, humour, action, and maybe some family drama.
    The idea of going back and interacting with yourself as a child is an interesting one.
    As for the tone, I'm not sure. The humour could work, but the moment when the kids says "that was awesome" after a person is vaporised in front of me does NOT work for me.

But I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get some enjoyment out of this.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Adam Project Empty Re: The Adam Project

Post  Paeter February 15th 2022, 3:27 pm

I'm definitely onboard to watch this, and am wondering some of the same things about the tone. That vaporizing moment may work better in context (depending on what we and the kid understand those humanoid enemies to be), but we'll see. The tone of the trailer suggests some real potential for some moving family drama(almost gave me some feels just watching it!), and Jennifer Garner has been choosing projects that value family in recent years. (She also talked about getting back in touch with her faith after working on a "Christian" movie a number of years ago, which may be fueling some of her project decisions.) Definitely reviewing this one and hopefully we both enjoy it, Adam! Thanks for posting the trailer!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings February 15th 2022, 5:26 pm

That's really interesting about Jennifer Garner. I'm gonna have to look into that.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 17th 2022, 5:56 pm

AdamCollings wrote:That's really interesting about Jennifer Garner. I'm gonna have to look into that.

I don't remember the name of the movie. It's about a woman with a child whose injury from a fall actually cured a very serious condition she was diagnosed with. Garner commented in an interview promoting the movie (maybe a Christian organization interviewing her? Can't remember. But it was a video I was watching.) that it led her to reconnect with her faith.

This was just before or after she and Ben Affleck got a divorce, I think, so I was wondering and praying about their situation and how God might move in it.

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed March 3rd 2022, 9:35 am

Paeter wrote:This was just before or after she and Ben Affleck got a divorce, I think, so I was wondering and praying about their situation and how God might move in it.

Affleck was married to Jennifer Garner? Does he marry, like, every other actress he ever works with?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 3rd 2022, 3:02 pm

AGoodReed wrote:

Affleck was married to Jennifer Garner? Does he marry, like, every other actress he ever works with?

That has a tether in reality across a lot of Hollywood. It's one reason I've long wondered if actors are unwise to even be kissing people they are not dating or married to. They can say and believe that its just acting. But it's pretty common to find out actors who played romantic interests end up in relationships together afterward, compared to say actors getting into relationships with their make-up artist or someone else they work with closely on set.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 3rd 2022, 5:16 pm

Paeter wrote:
    That has a tether in reality across a lot of Hollywood. It's one reason I've long wondered if actors are unwise to even be kissing people they are not dating or married to. They can say and believe that its just acting. But it's pretty common to find out actors who played romantic interests end up in relationships together afterward, compared to say actors getting into relationships with their make-up artist or someone else they work with closely on set.

That's an interesting observation and some good wisdom.
    I wonder if this also helps to explain why so many Hollywood marriages end in divorce.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 10:20 pm