Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie! Empty Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie!

Post  Paeter August 3rd 2011, 1:44 pm

Okay, so I've got an idea I'm playing with that I hope the community will think is fun. I'd like to select a portion/scene from either Spirit Blade or Dark Ritual and make it available to download so that people can use it to make a Youtube video, playing out the scene with action figures, puppets, or whatever, adding the text tagline, "Sometimes it's better just to listen" or something along those lines.

So my question right now is, whether you plan to participate in this or not, what scene from either of those projects do you think would be the most interesting/ridiculous to make movies like this from?

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie! Empty Re: Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie!

Post  WhiteBoy August 3rd 2011, 3:40 pm

Your idea reminded me of http://www.starwarsuncut.com.

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie! Empty Re: Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie!

Post  Rickster August 4th 2011, 1:31 pm

So the idea is to make it bad? So if I was to do the scene in the First Spirit Blade where Merikk talks with the Dark One Don't have them played by two people who look like (or cool computer effect that makes the same person in the same scene) but just make them look completly diffrent
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 4th 2011, 5:07 pm

Rickster wrote:So the idea is to make it bad?

Yeah. the idea would be to make it bad/cheesy. This wouldn't be an activity for people to try and create something visually cool that they pour their hearts into, but rather something ridiculous that they throw together sloppily. (Making it easy for almost anyone to do.)

The basic message of the whole "campaign" would be that sometimes audio drama has some advantages over film. Namely, when what you see on film is lame.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 4th 2011, 5:08 pm

To clarify further, it might work best if the scene everyone uses is one that SOUNDS cool but that would come across extremely bad/cheesy if done poorly on the visual side of things.

www.spiritblade.com
    Hackmodford
    Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford August 9th 2011, 4:26 pm

I vote for the part where Vincent and Ran go into the spirit world for the first time and take out the guards in the building...

Make Your Own "Spirit Blade" Movie! UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster August 9th 2011, 5:42 pm

I think the scene with Merikk and the dark one could have some funny results I also would like a scene with Robo-Rann cause I would like to make a robo-rann out of tinfoil
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 10th 2011, 12:30 pm

Rickster wrote:I also would like a scene with Robo-Rann cause I would like to make a robo-rann out of tinfoil

LOL!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster August 12th 2011, 5:11 pm

Question: Why does it have to be the same scene why couldn't each person pick their own scene from the two SBs and get a little variety
    I personally have the idea for 3 scenes
    Merikk and the Dark One meeting from Spirit Blade
    Merikk and the Nephilim final fight in Spirit Blade
    and Rann and the Shadin Assassin fight from Dark Ritual
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 12th 2011, 5:54 pm

Rickster wrote:Question: Why does it have to be the same scene why couldn't each person pick their own scene from the two SBs and get a little variety

I kinda like the idea of different scenes. The downside is that I only have so much server space to make scenes available on for download, and I'd like for people who don't own these audio dramas to be able to participate if they'd like. I also view these things as potential viral marketing videos, and so with that in mind wouldn't want the videos to go on for too long and lose people's interest before they see our URL at the end.

Of course, anyone who owns these audio dramas and wants to do something like this could do it however they want. I wouldn't take issue with them using the audio in an "unofficial" way, provided they include our URL in the video somewhere and the video doesn't put SBP at a disadvantage somehow.

But for those participating in this as a Blade Runner Mission (which is the intent) to get the reward involved (which is still TBA), I'd want to be able to give clear, easy to follow instructions that everyone can be consistent with.

So multiple scenes isn't out of the question. I'm just not sure it's the best option yet.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster August 14th 2011, 11:33 pm

Of course, anyone who owns these audio dramas and wants to do something like this could do it however they want. I wouldn't take issue with them using the audio in an "unofficial" way, provided they include our URL in the video somewhere and the video doesn't put SBP at a disadvantage somehow.

I'll write the scripts this week and email them to you and if you approve of them I'll try to book some studio time at the college I graduated and shoot them. And you can have some free commercials that you can use to promote your audio drama
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels August 15th 2011, 11:38 am

Great idea!!! I can just envision it done in the really old cheesy black and white sifi style, you know where you can see the strings and tell they spent $14.99 on the costume! Can't wait to see what comes of this!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 15th 2011, 4:26 pm

Rickster wrote:

I'll write the scripts this week and email them to you and if you approve of them I'll try to book some studio time at the college I graduated and shoot them. And you can have some free commercials that you can use to promote your audio drama

Sounds great! Thanks!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter August 15th 2011, 4:28 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Great idea!!! I can just envision it done in the really old cheesy black and white sifi style, you know where you can see the strings and tell they spent $14.99 on the costume! Can't wait to see what comes of this!

Yeah, I think this could be freakin' hilarious. That reminds me, I've gotta call my mom about borrowing her Sunday School class puppet collection...

Too bad she doesn't have a flannelgraph!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 9:17 pm