Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

HeroQuest Noob

CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

HeroQuest Noob Empty HeroQuest Noob

Post  CreatorsPixels November 14th 2011, 4:12 pm

Sorry I know its a stupid question but I'm missing something. I'm trying to play HeroQuest with my kids (7 and 9), but I fear I'm doing it wrong. First when you are Zargon, when can you do magic? It says refer to the quest book but I don't see which chars can do magic/spells. Second, do the heros every gain body points (aside from purchases) like for completing a quest or anything? Do they "level up" like some games? It just feels like I have to play it too easy on them or they just constantly die. Thanks for the help!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

HeroQuest Noob Empty Re: HeroQuest Noob

Post  Paeter November 14th 2011, 5:07 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Sorry I know its a stupid question but I'm missing something. I'm trying to play HeroQuest with my kids (7 and 9), but I fear I'm doing it wrong. First when you are Zargon, when can you do magic? It says refer to the quest book but I don't see which chars can do magic/spells. Second, do the heros every gain body points (aside from purchases) like for completing a quest or anything? Do they "level up" like some games? It just feels like I have to play it too easy on them or they just constantly die. Thanks for the help!

Not a stupid question. Those rules can be a bit vague sometimes.

Going mainly from memory here. Zargon can only use spells when a specific quest's notes say that a monster can use a specific spell, and then only once, and only when Zargon gives that monster a turn. Usually these are "boss" monsyers with names. The Witch Lord at the end knows some spells and a couple other "bosses" too.

No leveling up, unless you use some of the advanced rules created by folks online. Hero improvement is based entirely on equipment.

A fantastic site with more Heroquest resources than you'll ever have time to use is-
    http://www.yeoldeinn.com/

Eventually, me and a buddy used the rules for "training" to add body points and modify other stats.

I hope that's helpful!

www.spiritblade.com
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels November 14th 2011, 5:43 pm

Thanks! Great info! I think I did stumble on that site once. I've downloaded tons of content but hope to play it through then play the extra quests. Thx for the help!
    t
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 15th 2011, 2:00 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Thanks! Great info! I think I did stumble on that site once. I've downloaded tons of content but hope to play it through then play the extra quests. Thx for the help!
    t

My pleasure! Happy questing! That game rocks!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 5:02 am