Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Praying for video games

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Praying for video games Empty Praying for video games

Post  Rickster January 10th 2012, 9:46 pm

Do you guys ever get stuck on a game and find your self praying to God that you can pass it?
    What are your thoughts on that? Do you think we should pray for something that is pretty much pointless like vide gmaes or other hobbies we have?
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Praying for video games Empty Re: Praying for video games

Post  mindspike January 11th 2012, 4:02 pm

I think that this behavior is not unique to Christians. We as beings were created with a desire to worship and pray, to seek that which is greater than ourselves. Next time you are golfing with an atheist friend, and he leans to one side after a putt, waving at the ball and saying "Please go in, please go in!", ask him if he realizes he is praying and ask him who he is addressing.

Is this a wrong behavior on the part of the Christian? I think most of the time it is an insincere behavior. We are not *really* praying for help with our video game, expecting divine intervention. On the other hand, if we believe as we profess, that God is truly in control of all things, and that every seemingly random occurrence is an expression of the will of God, then prayer should accompany my every breath, at every occasion, and for every circumstance - including lottery tickets, craps, and video games.

Hackmodford
    Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford January 11th 2012, 4:36 pm

I would say that everything we pray for is pretty much pointless anyway Wink
    I don't mean prayer is pointless, just what we pray about... in the grand scheme of things, probably doesn't make that much of a difference. i.e. "God please let me go to college..." Will that really affect what really matters?

Praying for video games UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy January 11th 2012, 8:58 pm

I agree with Mindspike. Something that actually annoys me when I hear it is the assertion that "God is too busy for the little things." It just makes me want to say how weak of a god is in your mind! Seriously... whoever thinks like that is believing in a false god. The God of the Bible is in complete control of every atom in the universe. He spoke and galaxies appeared! Christians serve a MIGHTY God. I love it when Louie Giglio calls Him "Star Breather."

All this and yet He cares about everything in our life. Everything we're involved in, we should feel comfortable talking to Him about and asking for His blessing on. If we don't, maybe we should reconsider what we are involved in and putting our efforts towards.

Tech Admin
    Alliance Director

Activity : 797
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  Hackmodford January 11th 2012, 9:50 pm

When you put it that way... I totally take back what I said. Thanks for changing my mind cheers

Praying for video games UntoldAlliancesJPG1_Resized

Goozex: Trade Videogames and save money!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 1:42 am