Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category)

Poll

Highest Quality

[ 3 ]
    SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_lcap50%SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_lcap50%SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_lcap0%SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_lcap0%SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) Empty SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category)

Post  Paeter January 18th 2012, 7:27 pm

This year in the "Quality" category of my movie reviews for the podcast, I gave out two 10s and two 9.5s. Cast your vote (just once please) for your favorite of the four and help name the Spirit Blade Underground's "Coolest Flick Of 2011"!

I'll announce the winner in February!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) Empty Re: SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category)

Post  Rickster January 18th 2012, 11:25 pm

I wish I could have voted twice
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category) Empty Re: SBU Movie Awards! (Quality Category)

Post  WhiteBoy January 18th 2012, 11:55 pm

I haven't seen The Thing remake yet, but enjoyed all three of the others. Had to give it to Super 8, though. It was really good.

Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Post  Nathan James Norman January 19th 2012, 10:30 am

Hmmm . . . I've only seen Sucker Punch and Green Hornet. I didn't really like either and wish I had seen "The Thing" and "Super 8".

On a similar note . . . I tried to swindle my wife into seeing "The Thing" with me. She's half Norwegian and I told her it was all about Norwegians. My clever little ruse did not work, however. Smile
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy January 19th 2012, 11:16 am

I wasn't too impressed with Green Hornet, either, though I thought it was OK...just OK. I liked Sucker Punch pretty well, however. I had to think twice about which I liked better - it or Super 8. Sucker Punch was fun and visually stunning, but Super 8 was just a solid, all around high-quality movie.

I had heard it had a "Goonies" feel to it before I watched it, and I agree. It felt like I was watching Goonies or Stand By Me...though I have to admit I did not enjoy it as much as either of those. Likely it has to do with the different times of life in which I'm watching them. Basically, I'm saying that I could see a youngster watching Super 8 and coming out of it feeling the way I felt watching Goonies or possibly Stand By Me (Stand By Me had a more powerful impact on me than Goonies did).

I recommend you check it out.

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub January 20th 2012, 7:44 am

I watched Sucker Punch (visually it was great, but just honestly didn't care), Saw Super 8 (enjoyed that a lot), caught the first 30 minutes of Green Hornet (and heard too many reports of the over-use of fowl language), and haven't had an opportunity to see the Thing remake.

Don't think any actual review/rating from me would hold real worth until I can see The Thing. I will say that Green Hornet actually didn't hold any interest for me to watch, where as I have been interested in the other 3.

If I can sneak a redbox rental of The Thing out and watch it sometime when the wife is occupied with something else, I will.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter February 14th 2012, 11:59 pm

Last chance to vote! I'll be checking the results sometime Friday and declaring the winner on the podcast this weekend!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 14th 2012, 12:46 am

Are you going to to do this again?
    You could do it Best Sci Fi movie, Best Fantasy, Best Super Hero Movie, Best non geeky movie (something like Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadow)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 14th 2012, 6:11 pm

Rickster wrote:Are you going to to do this again?
    You could do it Best Sci Fi movie, Best Fantasy, Best Super Hero Movie, Best non geeky movie (something like Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadow)

I might. There wasn't much response the first time (only six votes) but it's very possible I could have gotten the word out better than I did.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 14th 2012, 6:12 pm

When did those cool sword get added to the poll? Did you do that Hackmodford? Sweet!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 17th 2024, 6:40 am