Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Poor Aquaman.....

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Poor Aquaman..... Empty Poor Aquaman.....

Post  DNArington May 15th 2012, 11:24 pm

So, I have been subscribed to the Aquaman comic series basically since it started and just today I received a letter from DC Comics saying that they are canceling my subscription to this comic and, if I take no action, are changing my subscription to the Justice League (which I already get). To which I reply, "GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! affraid !!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY?????? Sad "

Ok...ok... Neutral ... sigh...

Does anyone know why this is happening? Did they just not get enough subscriptions? We are only 9 issues in and the second story ark is looking interesting. Personally I think if they are going to cancel the subscription they should send everyone their remaining issues and just stop taking new ones. Oh well, I guess I will have to start making a trip to the comic store each month and revert my subscription over to The Flash or Teen Titans or something.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Poor Aquaman..... Empty Re: Poor Aquaman.....

Post  Nathan James Norman May 16th 2012, 9:53 am

Same thing happened to me. They're no longer offering most titles via subscription because of low-subscription (and their constant difficulty in getting titles out!)

You can call up and have them add the remaining issues they owe you onto anything they carry (so you can add two issues to Justice League - which will extend your subscription by two issues.) I would suggest that you call them, to make sure that they're adding the issue to your subscription, instead of giving you two subscriptions.

It's a bit of a bummer, but I've been very disappointed with the DC Subscription services (months without issues, missing issues, skipped issues, VERY damaged issues, etc.).
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 16th 2012, 10:19 pm

Okay, I'm confused. Is this just an issue regarding HOW you get the issues, or is DC actually CANCELLING this book?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington May 16th 2012, 10:43 pm

Paeter wrote:Okay, I'm confused. Is this just an issue regarding HOW you get the issues, or is DC actually CANCELLING this book?

They are just saying I can't subscribe to Aquaman anymore. They are still continuing the series. I rarely go to a comic shop, so if I'm going to continue reading the series I am going to have to make a trip to the comic shop every month and hope they have it/it's not sold out. (not exactly a bad thing I guess, but I find it a pain (and plus I will probably spend more money now since I'm going to be surrounded by all these cool looking comics/movies/video games.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 17th 2012, 12:48 pm

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Most comic stores I've been to offer a discount to customers who have a "pull box" of issues they regularly buy. Some stores have a minimum number of titles you must subscribe to, but some don't.

You might check and see what your local comic stores offer in this department. Chances are they'd also be fine with you coming by just once a month to get your comics, and you'll never have to worry about missing an issue!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington June 30th 2012, 9:09 pm

Well DC just sent me another letter saying the subscription service will continue as usual and that there will be no missing issues! Yay! I guess there was enough whiplash that they decided to keep the service! Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 7:00 pm