Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year? Empty Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year?

Post  Paeter June 13th 2012, 4:28 pm

Since I don't have cable anymore I didn't watch E3 on G4 (which I think just ended). Instead I'm catching up now online at Youtube, G4TV.com, Gamespot etc.

Just watched the G4 preview of the Skyrim DLC so far. Looks pretty sweet! Can't wait to dig through the other previews and announcements!

If I find enough time I might do a quick segment about it on the show this weekend. But I'd love to hear and then share some of what others have thought, too! So if you heard or saw something announced or previewed in E3 coverage somewhere that you thought was cool, don't be shy! Spill the beans here and share a link if you like!

If you're wondering where to look, I started at youtube searching for E3 2012 and branched out my search from there.

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year? Empty Re: Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year?

Post  Paeter June 15th 2012, 3:52 pm

Just a quick update. I don't have time in the show this week to talk about E3, but plan to share my favorite highlights next week. So you've still got plenty of time to share your favorite announcements or links to cool videos.

G4tv.com has their videos organized kinda funny. I found the coverage at gamespot.com to be much easier to look through. If you're interested in looking into the games and announcements from E3 this year, a great place to start is:

http://e3.gamespot.com/

All of their videos and articles covering the event are listed from newest to oldest. I'd love to hear what catches your attention!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year? Empty Re: Favorite Announcement Or Preview From E3 This Year?

Post  Paeter June 21st 2012, 10:45 pm

One more quick update. I'm going to do a video game focused episode of the podcast on July 6th, along with my review of Spider-man. Included in that topic will be my thoughts on E3 this year, late though they may be.

Anyway, if you want me to include a "shout out" for your favorite game or announcement from E3, be sure to post it here by Thursday, July 5th!

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 29th 2012, 12:25 am

As far as I can remember this was the first year that there wasn't anything annouced that got me excited for that I wasn't already looking forward to playing. The Harry Potter book game (I think it was called book of spells) look like a cool idea but I wasn't impressed by it.
    I honestly was hoping for hints at a new Kingdom Hearts game.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 29th 2012, 6:50 pm

I felt the same way. Nothing really wowed me, and no console company seemed to "win". I thought it was just because there were few RPG announcements compared to previous years, but for me at least it was a lackluster experience compared to previous years, though still interesting.

I think that's why I'm curious about what everyone else here thought.

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill July 3rd 2012, 7:20 am

The Halo 4 preview I saw got me pretty excited for it. I'm a huge Halo fan, I've got all the games (except the 10th year anniversary) and all the books so I'm excited to see what the Halo-verse will look like post-Covenant War.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter July 5th 2012, 4:28 pm

What are you hoping they'll either keep or improve on with this halo game?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington July 10th 2012, 10:08 pm

Just watched 15 minutes of gameplay from "Injustice: Gods Among Us" which was show at E3 and it looks awesome!! Basically it is DC comic heroes duking it out in spectacular fashion! 

Here is where I saw the clip: http://gamerant.com/injustice-gameplay-video-dc-superheroes-benk-158909/

I love that that the environment is interactive! You can throw boxes and smash cars and push your opponent into electrical cords. And also that your environment will change during a fight (even if it is a little ridiculous.) I'm glad they are making each character very different from each other and their super powers are so cool! Flash running around the world for a big punch, Superman punching people super high into the air only to smash them to the ground again!! It looks like something I would totally get! Can't wait!
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington July 10th 2012, 10:38 pm

Also Marvel Heros will probably be good. It looks like a Mavel version of DC Universe Online which is pretty awesome!

http://gamerant.com/marvel-heroes-online-trailer-robk-150295/

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 12:24 am