Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Chronicles of the Nephilim

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Chronicles of the Nephilim Empty Chronicles of the Nephilim

Post  Rickster June 14th 2012, 11:54 pm

A friend of mine just posted something about this on his Facebook and it looks is an interesting book

http://www.godawa.com/noah_primeval/nephilim_chronicles.html

It looks like there is going to be a movie Comic book and video game so I thought I would share it
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Chronicles of the Nephilim Empty Re: Chronicles of the Nephilim

Post  Paeter June 15th 2012, 12:42 pm

Thanks for the link, Rickster! Looks like the author is a believer and I enjoyed the intro preview on Amazon. I've ordered the first book and plan to read it after my current book. Then I'll probably try to hit him up for an interview!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 2nd 2012, 6:42 pm

Thanks for the link, sure looks interesting!

I haven't read anything by the writer yet, but the fact that his Nephilim story was inspired by the research of Michael S. Heiser PhD gives him at least some credit in my eyes. I've listened to several interviews and conversations with Heiser on the Future Quake podcast (which I highly recommend by the way), and as far as I can tell (which is perhaps not so very far) Heiser's research is pretty sound.

It would be interesting if you got to interview Mr. Godawa, Paeter!

I heard an interview with Mr. Godawa when his novel was published, by the A View From the Bunker (christian) podcast - maybe some of you might find this an interesting interview as well, it's episode 094, from 2011. It's free to download via iTunes or vftb.net.

To be complete, there are of course also some other views about Mr. Godawa's theology, for instance the article 'Wall of Separation: A Carefully Constructed Edifice Of Misinformation' at the talk2action website (I'm not able to post links yet, so hopefully this is okay) - which may or may not be true but it at least reminds me to stay alert at all times Wink

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 5th 2012, 4:24 pm

Here's the link to the article:
    http://www.talk2action.org/story/2007/6/28/135121/576

I agree with you ComiKate. Especially since not only does Godawa's philosophy sound extreme in this article, the author himself doesn't seem to have a good grasp of how believers are meant to view the Old Testament law. He assumes that a reference to "biblical civil codes" must refer specifically to Old Testament law, as opposed to the teachings of the New Testament, which advance beyond and replace the inferior systems in place in the Old Testament.

This is one of those cases where I see one person calling another person thoughtless and extreme (which may or may not be true here) while doing so in a thoughtless and extreme manner.

Hopefully Godawa's views are scriptural, whatever they may be. For now I'll just plan to analyze his book on its own merits and see what things look like from there.

Thanks for the article reference! I'll stay extra sharp for this read!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 28th 2024, 3:12 pm