Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review) Empty Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review)

Post  Paeter September 19th 2012, 1:22 pm

Seems like everyone was "phoning-in" this movie, so I "phoned-in" my review!

Rated R for sequences of strong violence throughout

Final Score:

Quality: 4.5/10

Relevance: 2.0/10

Download my full review below or listen to it right now at The Spirit Blade Underground!

Direct Download-
    http://www.spiritblade.net/downloads/SBU-Resident_Evil_Retribution_Phoned_In_Review.WAV

www.spiritblade.com
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review) Empty Re: Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review)

Post  Dunadwarf September 25th 2012, 5:30 pm

I loved your meta concept! Keep doing things like this to keep things fresh. I like the "phoned-in review" style.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review) Empty Re: Resident Evil: Retribution ("Phoned-In" Movie Review)

Post  Paeter September 25th 2012, 8:10 pm

Dunadwarf wrote:I loved your meta concept! Keep doing things like this to keep things fresh. I like the "phoned-in review" style.

Thanks! I'll definitely keep that in mind. Still, I hope it's a long time before I sit through another flick worthy of the "phoned-in" treatment!

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington September 26th 2012, 11:58 pm

I agree, I enjoyed the phoned-in review. You should do that to all the terrible movies you review. (I'm not saying you only review terrible movies JSYK.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 27th 2012, 1:43 pm

DNArington wrote:I agree, I enjoyed the phoned-in review. You should do that to all the terrible movies you review. (I'm not saying you only review terrible movies JSYK.)

So maybe any movies with a quality score under 6.0?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington September 28th 2012, 12:53 am

Paeter wrote:So maybe any movies with a quality score under 6.0?

Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf September 28th 2012, 4:34 pm

I wouldn't go by numbers, but by just how angry you are when you leave the theater, and only if it's the laziness that so angered you, like this "movie".
    Dreamerhorwitz
    Dreamerhorwitz

Activity : 77
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Dreamerhorwitz September 30th 2012, 10:10 pm

I personally dropped out after I read a similar review of the previous film. Parts 1-3 were good as their own stories but I think it's high-time that the saga ends.

We've got everything from the first three:
    1. Origins- CHECK
    2. Adaption of most famous event in gaming history (outside of FF7)- CHECK
    3. superhero film- CHECK

All that's missing is the epilogue... which they seem to want to hold off on.
    scratch
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub October 1st 2012, 8:22 am

uh oh. I haven't heard the review yet (it's on my phone to listen to today), but seeing this posting isn't encouraging. I'm guessing this is one that should be saved for a $1 Redbox rental, and only if I have a $.50 coupon or rent one get one free?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 4:14 pm