Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Episode Zero - Top 5 Series....

CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Episode Zero - Top 5 Series.... Empty Episode Zero - Top 5 Series....

Post  CreatorsPixels September 21st 2012, 2:35 pm

Ok, I may be all alone out here on this one but I'm used to that! How in the world did not a single one of the Stargate series not make it onto you top TV shows list? That is what led me into Farscape! Once I watched every everything Stargate I followed some of the actors into other series they were in....Sanctuary / Farscape. To be honest I started on Stargate cause I'd watched all the Macgyvers...man did he get old quick! Anyway, really not a single mention of Stargate? Man I loved that show, even up through Universe, I still wish it was on!!
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Episode Zero - Top 5 Series.... Empty Re: Episode Zero - Top 5 Series....

Post  Nathan James Norman September 21st 2012, 3:14 pm

I haven't regularly watched much Star Gate (I think I watched all of season 1) but whenever I do see it, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Some of the episodes have been way too plot-driven . . . but I like it.

Farscape on the other hand I have seen completely through . . . and oh my goodness there were some really awful episodes my wife and I had to suffer through! In general, only 1/3 of the episodes each season related to the overall story arc and the other episodes ranged from good to horrible. The last season (and mini-series) were really good . . . but oh my goodness there was some dreadfully boring/frustrating episodes crammed into the previous seasons. . . most of which involved something wrong with the Moya, the characters turning on each other, and endless running through corridors.

Note: As of the writing of this, I have a "20" geek cred rating . . . I fully expect it to go down Smile
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster September 21st 2012, 4:56 pm

I'm curious how sucker punch got on the sci fi list granted IDK what genre that movie would be in but I'd consider it more of a fantasy then sci fi
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Post  CreatorsPixels September 25th 2012, 7:37 am

Really, no Stargate fans huh.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 25th 2012, 8:07 pm

Rickster wrote:I'm curious how sucker punch got on the sci fi list granted IDK what genre that movie would be in but I'd consider it more of a fantasy then sci fi

That was more about the trappings of sci-fi all over the dream sequences, and the fact that this kind of mental "therapy" could result in these insane "dream lives" in the girls. But yeah, ask me tomorrow and I might classify it as fantasy too.

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub September 26th 2012, 11:46 am

CreatorsPixels wrote:Really, no Stargate fans huh.

Dial up Pegasus, please! Better yet, Dial up Destiny!!! I loved that show. I honestly think I liked Atlantis better than SG:1 (John Shepard was the best), and I liked the premise and story of SG:U even more.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Post  CreatorsPixels September 27th 2012, 7:07 am

Yeah I was dissapointed that there would be no more SG:U. I liked each series, it was kinda cool that they had the continued theme / characters but yet moved to a whole new style of show. Each one could almost be independant yet they were all linked. Yes, Stargate kept me awake during many a night shift as I watched them all through. Might just have to watch them over. I'm just not into any other scifi series on tv, now that there is no more Terra Nova either
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Post  CreatorsPixels October 15th 2012, 9:29 pm

Finally caught up to episode 236. I was getting worried as to why Paeter never commented about Stargate. However, now I see. He is simply just another poor unfortunate misled soul. I suppose we can still be friends, but I will pray for you my misguided brother! Wink
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter October 15th 2012, 10:26 pm

CreatorsPixels wrote:Finally caught up to episode 236. I was getting worried as to why Paeter never commented about Stargate. However, now I see. He is simply just another poor unfortunate misled soul. I suppose we can still be friends, but I will pray for you my misguided brother! Wink

lol!

Thanks for praying. Maybe God will do the miraculous!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 10th 2024, 9:20 am