Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Casting The Justice League

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Casting The Justice League Empty Casting The Justice League

Post  DNArington May 7th 2013, 12:54 am

I've been seeing some people on the web casting the Justice League, so I thought it would be fun to try my hand at it. Here goes:

Superman: Henry Cavill

Casting The Justice League Movies10

Batman: Karl Urban

Casting The Justice League Batman10

Wonder Woman: Olivia Wilde

Casting The Justice League Olivia10

Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds

Casting The Justice League 13354310

Flash: Chris Pine

Casting The Justice League Januar10

Aquaman: Liam Hemsworth

Casting The Justice League Liam-h10

Cyborg: Donald Glover

Casting The Justice League Commun10

Green Arrow: Stephen Amell

Casting The Justice League Stephe10

Bonus: Hawkman: Gerard Butler

Casting The Justice League Gerard10

So what do you all think? Good Choices? Bad choices? I want to know what you think of my list. It was fun to make regardless! Smile
    TheTJ
    TheTJ

Activity : 15
    Geek-Cred : 1

Casting The Justice League Empty Re: Casting The Justice League

Post  TheTJ May 7th 2013, 1:20 am

I'd give a pass on Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern.

It's not that I hate him or thought he was particularly bad (That movie failed on the writers and director in my eyes) but rather if he DID get cast there'd be a tidal wave of complaints from people who hate him for reasons unclear.

I DO like Chris Pine as the Flash, and Donald Glover is always fun.
    Dunadwarf
    Dunadwarf

Activity : 218
    Geek-Cred : 5

Post  Dunadwarf May 7th 2013, 12:47 pm

I've been thinking that Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother, The Avengers) would make an excellent Wonder Woman.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim May 8th 2013, 4:27 pm

Superman: Henry Cavill (AGREED)

Batman: Karl Urban (Never really thought about him before, good choice. I would have said Gerard Butler or Jim Caviezel)

Wonder Woman: Olivia Wilde (I have such a huge list for possible ww actresses that I would prob have to do another post just on her)

Green Lantern: Ryan Reynolds (for my tastes, I think Chris Pine would make a great Hal Jordan or Isaiah Mustafa if they go for John Stewart)

Flash: Chris Pine (and since I think he'd be better as GL, I'm thinking Bradley Cooper for Barry Allen)

Aquaman: Liam Hemsworth (he's a great choice for Aquaman. Barring that, in the great tradition of Aquaman/green arrow swaps, Stephen Amell could definitely play him)

Cyborg: Donald Glover (good choice, he could also play a good static or eventually Spiderman even beast boy)

Green Arrow: Stephen Amell (I'd like to see Neal McDonough, who played "Dum Dum" Dugan in Captain America. Though the casting is prob gonna skew younger.)

Bonus: Hawkman: Gerard Butler (definitely a good choice)

My Bonus: Hawkgirl: Gina Carino or Hayden Pannetiere or Jennifer Lawrence (also on my wonder woman list). I could also see Olivia Wilde playing her. Also Jessica Biel or Naya Rivera (from Glee)

Martian Manhunter: Dennis Haysbert or Keith David if its a CGI/motion capture character or Lance Reddick or Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje if not.

Wonder woman list to follow when I'm not constrained by my tablet.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington May 8th 2013, 11:58 pm

Haven't really heard of any of the Martian Manhunter picks you mentioned except Dennis Haysbert, who I can see being a good choice. Billy Crudup played a somewhat similar character in Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan.

Can't say I know enough about Hawkgirl other than she is the female version of Hawkman.

I'm interested to hear your Wonder Woman picks. She was a hard one for me to choose, but I picked Olivia Wilde because I think she can pull off sweet and innocent and also warrior BA. Plus she has the looks and huge Disney princess eyes which I think is perfect for WW. I could possibly see Jennifer Lawrence now that you say that.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim May 9th 2013, 12:40 am

Martian Manhunter picks:

Keith David has done a lot of voice work like the Arbiter in Halo 2 and narrated the Bible on the History Channel. Played Admiral Anderson in the Mass Effect Games. He played live action Max Malini in the Cape.
    Casting The Justice League 600full-keith-david

Lance Reddick was on Fringe

Casting The Justice League Spoiler2007-3

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje played Heavy Duty in the first GI Joe movie and Mr. Eko in Lost.

Casting The Justice League MV5BMTY4NjMwMzc3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTAyMTQ4Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR25,0,214,314_

Hawkgirl is like Wonder Woman but less controlled. She like a Marine. She always wants to fight. I know her mostly from the Justice League Cartoon.

And now....

...The Wonder Woman Picks:

Gemma Arterton - She's got these Giant Anime eyes too and I think she looks the part.
    Casting The Justice League MV5BMTg2MDY1MzY3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI4MjY0Mw@@._V1._SX640_SY921_

Serinda Swan - I dont know her work too much except she played a Siren in Tron Legacy and i saw her on Supernatural one time where she played a greek goddess Veritas. Also she played Zantanna in Smallville.
    Casting The Justice League 600full-serinda-swan

Bridget Regan (Prob one of my favorites) From Legend of the Seeker. I think she has the look and the action chops. She's prob the internet front runner right now.
    Casting The Justice League Confessor-bridget-regan-7070121--1

Lynn Collins (Another of my Favorites) From John Carter of Mars. She was basically playing wonder woman in that movie right?? She was also in Xmen Origins Wolverine. Though the movie wasnt great, she was one of the few good things in it.
    Casting The Justice League Lynn-collins-dejah-thoris

Malin Akerman, of course played Silk Specter in Watchmen. Got the acting and the action, though idk how well she gets the wonder woman look down.
    Casting The Justice League Malin_akerman_watchmen_300

JENNIFER LAWRENCE, Granted she's young but she can play anything you throw at her and shes the most popular rising star right now. I think she could do something Awesome with it.
    Casting The Justice League 0910-jennifer_lawrence_brunette_2_bd

Zoe Saldana (I am a big BIG fan of a more international racially diverse wonder woman and Zoe is heavy on the acting and action and could hold her own next to the man of steel and the caped crusader)
    Casting The Justice League 936full-zoe-saldana

Sarah Lancaster (From Chuck) She's got the look and the acting chops but Im not sure about the action part.
    Casting The Justice League SarahLancaster0002

Angie Harmon, def has the action part down and the acting chops, but the casting might be skewing a little younger. plus She looks a little too much like Jamie Alexander (Sif from Thor) who is another internet favorite but Im just not seeing it. Casting The Justice League Angie-harmon

Priyanka Chopra (One of my favorites because shes so international and I have a soft spot for Bollywood movies) She's a dancer so she could probably handle the action, she def has an amazon sort of look.
    Casting The Justice League Priyanka-Chopra

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    cleireac
    cleireac

Activity : 388
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  cleireac May 12th 2013, 9:39 pm

With these two articles, it appears more likely that we will see the Justice League in CW's Arrow before we see it on the big screen.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Green-Lantern-Carol-Ferris-Air-Spoilers-1065128.aspx

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=68822

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 10:26 am