Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

My Sister Is Coming Home!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

My Sister Is Coming Home! Empty My Sister Is Coming Home!

Post  Paeter October 22nd 2014, 10:09 am

My sister is coming home!!!

For those who don't know, my younger sister and her family committed to a 2-year missionary assignment in Rwanda. Originally, they were going to be there until May of 2015, but as many missionaries will tell you, that life has a bit of the "wild west" in it and plans can easily shift and change radically. With their originally planned involvement now wrapped up and no other nearby ministry to partner with for their remaining time, they are coming home early and will be here a few days before Thanksgiving... to stay!!

The last year and a half has been a lot less awesome without my sister around, and I'm hoping to never again take her nearness for granted. (For starters, we're planning to get together once a month for a "RiffTrax Night".)

So although it's of a different sort, I thought I'd shout out here and celebrate the recovery of a "lost coin"(Luke 15:9) as I eagerly wait for her to return in just a few weeks!

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

My Sister Is Coming Home! Empty Re: My Sister Is Coming Home!

Post  ComiKate October 22nd 2014, 10:18 am

Congrats Paeter, great news! cheers

I think it's awesome you care so deeply for your sister and enjoy her company so much. I don't have any brothers and sisters myself, but if I had, I would hope it would be that way Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 25th 2014, 10:19 am

Karyne and her family got home from Rwanda on Sunday night and they are now here for good! It's been so great catching up and she and I have already decided we're going to hug each other more often from this point on.

She's also got a list of geek movies she wants to catch up on and we're hoping to get our first "Rifftrax" night on the books soon as well. And since they won't start working again until mid-January... let the good times roll! Woohoo!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 1:06 am