Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend! Empty Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend!

Post  Paeter May 4th 2018, 9:05 am

Anyone else here work from home with kids around any time of year? I think Adam Collings does. Not sure if Mindspike is doing that right now.

There has been a teacher's strike in AZ for just over a week, which ended today and the kids went back to school. Man, we didn't think it would go more than a couple days, and so I had no plan to keep the boys busy while Holly and I try to work. I finally took some time to create the new summer schedule for them (which I have to redo each year as they age and interests change) to use during the strike, but by that time the week already felt like a bust in terms of productivity.

Ironically, I'm now REALLY ready for the weekend. Even though they'll be home for that too, it's a totally different story to have them making a constant dull roar in the background when I'm NOT trying to accomplish anything.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend! Empty Re: Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend!

Post  AdamCollings May 6th 2018, 6:13 pm

Ouch.
    I imagine that the loss in productivity would still be less than the equivalent in money you'd have to fork out for childcare.

I've got mine trained pretty well these days. They entertain themselves and only bother me if they're dying. It helps a lot that I've got my garage office now, though.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend! Empty Re: Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend!

Post  jorowi May 7th 2018, 7:21 am

If I have to work from home I tell my kids not to bother me unless their hair is on fire. 30 seconds later, a knock on the door…

Boys Home All Week And I'm Ready For The Weekend! Giphy

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 7th 2018, 10:18 am

jorowi wrote:If I have to work from home I tell my kids not to bother me unless their hair is on fire. 30 seconds later, a knock on the door…

LOL of the morning! It was the accompanying gif that sealed the deal. Thanks for that.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 11:44 am