Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
WhiteBoy
Rickster
6 posters

A rough Idea for a superhero story

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

A rough Idea for a superhero story Empty A rough Idea for a superhero story

Post  Rickster August 25th 2010, 3:49 am

Ok I had an Idea for this story that takes place in this alternate world where everybody has superpowers (fly Ex ray vision ETC) then this one guy gets in a freak accident that causes him to "lose" his powers but since everyone else has powers and he doesn't it's like he's a super hero in that world.
    I know it needs some work but what do u guys think
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

A rough Idea for a superhero story Empty Re: A rough Idea for a superhero story

Post  WhiteBoy August 25th 2010, 10:51 am

Sounds pretty interesting! The big challenge is: How could this character be "super" in that world? If it was in his character, he would have had that before losing his powers, right? I guess what he learns by losing his powers?

"My superpower is humility!" Smile

Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter August 25th 2010, 11:28 am

WhiteBoy wrote:Sounds pretty interesting! The big challenge is: How could this character be "super" in that world? If it was in his character, he would have had that before losing his powers, right? I guess what he learns by losing his powers?

"My superpower is humility!" Smile

Hmm. Yeah, it might be interesting to add in a philosophical component. Maybe everyone has some character flaw in common because of their powers or maybe just because that's how the world is. Maybe when he loses his powers he is also the first to discover some virtue completely unknown to the world. Like compassion for example. (A super-world full of self-absorbed jerks!)

Don't know if that's going anywhere, but maybe it'll stimulate some thought for you. Cool idea!

www.spiritblade.com
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve August 25th 2010, 11:50 am

Could be fun if you can pull it off!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster September 2nd 2010, 3:13 pm

Ok so this idea literally just came to mind but what about making it a reverse x-men type story where all the nonpower people are considered freaks and are being hunted and we later realize that you loose your powers when you except Christ
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim September 3rd 2010, 1:28 pm

What about going with the Kryptonite angle. Every Superpower comes with a weakness. Like Vampires. They are immortal and superstrong and fast but push them into the sun or point a cross at them...get them around a campfire and then just burst into flames. Normal people soaked in gasoline aren't that flamable... maybe when you lose your powers you lose having to hide your fatal weakness.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    litera9
    litera9

Activity : 48
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  litera9 November 15th 2010, 9:47 pm

@Tim, I like that. I wonder If you could spin it though.
    You could take it in the direction of Bioshock, where those with the special abilities need a supplement to counteract the side effects of the powers. When they lose their powers, maybe they revert to normal, and are hunted down. You could make the use of the supplement unethical, and create a dilemma that way. Just an idea.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 3:33 pm