Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much? Empty New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much?

Post  Paeter December 3rd 2015, 5:35 pm

There were plenty of awesome surprises when I watched Man Of Steel. The trailers teased (but didn't reveal) the biggest moments. I feel like BOTH of the recently released ads (1 teaser, 1 trailer) for Batman V Superman may be revealing more than I'll be happy about once I see the movie. (And yet, since it's part of my job to keep up to date, I felt pulled to watching both. I was seriously hoping no more trailers would be made.)

Scroll down for both videos and my reactions. Click "back" to remain unspoiled.

This moment is the kind we'd expect from a movie like this... but one that should NOT BE SPOILED BEFORE HAND!!!! Iconic exchanges like these should be experienced for the first time in the context of the story, where they will have their greatest power. That said, I HIGHLY suspect that this and all other "brown" scenes from the trailer that involve Batman are some kind of dream sequence representing Bruce's fears of what Superman COULD do. I sincerely hope I'm right and the "real" version of this exchange happens another way in another scene.

Scroll down for trailer...

Once again, we all likely suspected that some greater threat would eventually have to unite the title heroes. And maybe keeping that threat a secret was a bet the studio didn't want to make. But I would have MUCH preferred to discover the presence of this antagonist when watching the movie for the first time. (Although seeing him here does prepare me to lower my expectations and try to go in with an attitude of "acceptance" toward yet another CGI character. Honestly Hollywood! You made Chris Evans scrawny in Captain America. Can't you make someone else (activate rhyming subroutines...) brawny to play a character like this?

I've also enjoyed the continued tension being set up between Supes and Bats in previous ads, so to see them have a moment of connection in reaction to Wonder Woman takes something from my anticipation of their conflict. The movie might be called Batman V Superman, but now it is officially confirmed that "they'll get over it" and work together during this movie. Again, nothing we didn't already believe to be the case, but lack of confirmation gives me just enough doubt to hang on to a little story suspense.

Still very excited for this movie! ("Star What"?)

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much? Empty Re: New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much?

Post  AdamCollings December 3rd 2015, 6:04 pm

I agree. It was a fantastic trailer which I thoroughly enjoyed, but I think I may be paying for that enjoyment when I see the film and some of these key moments are already spoiled. (Then again, we don't know what stuff they have held back so who knows?) I think they could have pulled off the trailing simply focusing on the conflict between Superman and Batman, and leave THAT character as a surprise. Obviously we know they'll somehow become allies (the name Dawn of Justice makes that obvious) but we were willing to fool ourselves until now.

I have to disagree with you on the CGI thing. I have no aversion to CGI characters - quite the opposite. This character simply could not have been done in the Christopher Reeve days. I'd have never bought an actor in a rubber suit. But that's just me.

Now onto the positives Smile
    I'm seriously buying Henry Cavill as Clark Kent. Those few seconds we saw of him at the end of Man of Steel were fun but I wasn't so sure, but in this trailer I'm seeing Clark.

It appears there is some serious tension between Clark and Bruce when they meet. The conflict and oposing philisophies beteen them feels genuine and believable. I'm totally sold on them being enemies both committed to the rightness of their point of view.

I think Ben Affleck will be a good Batman. He is a much older, more cynical Batman than Christian Bale's but that will be a good counterpoint to Superman's idealism.

Looks as though Lex Luthor will bring some welcome levity amongst the tension. My guess is he'll start as comic relief but become a really chilling villain as the story moves on (his funny side will be all the more chilling because we know what kind of person he is).

I still think of Man of Steel as my favourite movie and I think this will be a worthy sequel. I can't wait!
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much? Empty Re: New Batman V Superman Trailer(s) Reveals Too Much?

Post  CreatorsPixels December 4th 2015, 8:53 am

I still don't know about this. I guess maybe it does make me want to see it just a bit more. I mean I've found the whole idea that
    Batman could consider taking on Superman just plain stupid (I mean unless he can make kryptonite bullets or something). The idea that superman is corrupt and needs Batman to put him in check? I really hadn't planned on watching it. I really like the whole marvel series and I know that these guys need to jump on the bandwagon while its around but this whole concept has struck me as too silly to care. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll probably catch it some day when its on network TV.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 4th 2015, 11:42 am

Regarding CGI I agree that you need CGI to pull off this character. But I'd prefer a blend of CGI and actor, instead of the usual mo-cap into full CG. (Hence the comparison to Steve Rogers.)

Totally agree that there is still much we haven't seen, and there is plenty of room to hope that we've been fooled into thinking we've seen the main bullet points of the whole movie. I'd love to find out that the story takes a significantly different path than we think it will. Great trailers can use some cool moments but cut them in a way that still leaves you surprised in the theater. Here's hoping!!

What do you guys think of the Bizzarro rumors going around? (That the "mean superman" is a Lex-made Superman clone that eventually mutates into Doomsday.) I think it's possible, but I still think (and seriously hope!) that the "brown" scenes are from Bruce's dreams.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 2:46 am