Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans? Empty Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans?

Post  Paeter March 7th 2017, 10:43 am

I'm fairly interested in Ghost Recon: Wildlands because of its apparent similarity to other Ubisoft open world games that I enjoy like Far Cry and Assassin's Creed. Even wanted to justify doing a review of it this week so I could play it "for work", but wasn't confident there is enough interest among viewers to warrant losing two of my work days for it. So I don't currently plan to review it. But I may still rent it sometime just for me and I was curious if anyone else is interested in Wildlands or if you enjoy any of the other Ghost Recon or Tom Clancy games?

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans? Empty Re: Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans?

Post  WhiteBoy March 13th 2017, 7:02 pm

I like Tom Clancy's work and some of the games, but Ghost Recon never clicked for me. I have enjoyed a couple of the Rainbow Six games, though.

Admin

Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans? Empty Re: Any Ghost Recon Or Tom Clancy Game Fans?

Post  Paeter March 14th 2017, 10:23 am

The game is getting pretty mediocre reviews, especially the single player aspect. It still might be the kind of game I'd really enjoy, but it has protection missions (get this person safely from A to B), which I hate and can be really frustrating if it insta-fails when the person dies. So I'd love to get more info on how vulnerable the person is in those missions.

But right now I still have at least 4 open world action(/rpg) games I enjoy and haven't exhausted yet. So this doesn't feel like something I really crave right now.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster March 14th 2017, 1:56 pm

Paeter wrote:it has protection missions (get this person safely from A to B), which I hate and can be really frustrating if it insta-fails when the person dies.

you mean those missions where as you have to keep someone with a low IQ so not only do you have to fight a crap ton of enemies you also have to keep them from putting a fork in electrical socket?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 15th 2017, 10:30 am

Rickster wrote:

you mean those missions where as you have to keep someone with a low IQ so not only do you have to fight a crap ton of enemies you also have to keep them from putting a fork in electrical socket?

That's the kind! Geez, don't these developers know I have enough trouble keeping MYSELF alive??

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 1:58 am