Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy Empty Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Post  Rickster June 30th 2017, 9:09 am

I've tried all three but so far have played the first game (because it's the only one of the three I never beat with out using the 100% code) the most and so far my best description of the game is this.
    You know how something gets moved just slightly and even though you don't notice it still throws everything off? That's how this game feels. It's not a bad it just throwing my muscle memory of the games off a bit.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy Empty Re: Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Post  Paeter July 12th 2017, 1:59 pm

Rickster wrote:I've tried all three but so far have played the first game (because it's the only one of the three I never beat with out using the 100% code) the most and so far my best description of the game is this.
    You know how something gets moved just slightly and even though you don't notice it still throws everything off? That's how this game feels. It's not a bad it just throwing my muscle memory of the games off a bit.

Really? I thought it was just a graphics overhaul. Can you figure out what they've changed about the controls? Or have they just altered animations and so that throws off your perception of the controls?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy Empty Re: Quick First Impression: Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

Post  Rickster July 12th 2017, 2:12 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Rickster wrote:I've tried all three but so far have played the first game (because it's the only one of the three I never beat with out using the 100% code) the most and so far my best description of the game is this.

Really? I thought it was just a graphics overhaul. Can you figure out what they've changed about the controls? Or have they just altered animations and so that throws off your perception of the controls?

it's a built from the ground up remake so they tried and make it as close to the original as possible with the exception of a few changes to make the games easier. The things that throw me off is some of the platforms are just off and inch or so which you cant tell by looking that its off but I can tell because my muscle memory thinks I've gone close enough to land safely but still miss.

Another thing is some of the hit boxes are just different at some places like in one level in Crash Bandicoot 3 warped you're in at this dinosaur would and I cant seem to get as close to this lava pit as I could in the original game
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 12th 2017, 2:48 pm

When did you last play the original?

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 12th 2017, 8:18 pm

Paeter wrote:When did you last play the original?

A few month ago. I have them on my PS3 and was considering learning to speed run them but decided not.

the games have this thing that if you die at the same spot a lot of times it will give you a mask (extra hit) which doesn't help when you keep dying from missed platforms

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 2:21 pm