Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene

Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Empty Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene

Post  Reed Benson February 26th 2018, 12:42 am

Just found this on Twitter. I'm about to make you all even more disappointed that we didn't get Zack Snyder's version of Justice League...

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Mos_110
    Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Mos_210
    Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Mos_310
    Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Mos_410
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Empty Re: Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene

Post  AdamCollings March 2nd 2018, 12:45 am

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Empty Re: Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene

Post  Paeter March 2nd 2018, 8:10 am

I can't imagine how broken and hurting he must be in the wake of his daughter's death. But based on his openness on twitter in response to the reactions to the Whedon cut, I wonder if someday he WILL revisit this like Richard Donner did with Superman 2 to help bring about a "Donner Cut" on home video. He seems to still really have his vision for this film on his mind.

I don't think it will happen anytime soon, but maybe somewhere down the road late in his career I can imagine us getting that mythical "Snyder Cut" of Justice League.

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 14th 2018, 6:18 pm

Snyder’s been teasing this for a couple of days now, posting images of the cast along with a photo of a cut in his hand (i.e Snyder’s Cut) and now Kendrick Pejoro, an Executive Assistant at WB has added his own tease that it’s a possibility.

http://dccomicsmovie.com/warner-bros-executive-assistant-teases-zack-snyders-cut-of-justice-league/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 15th 2018, 8:36 am

Oh, Adam. You're renewing my hopes. This would be so cool.

I get the impression that, apart from the really casual viewers who just wanted to see DC characters doing "super-stuff", the changes made in an effort to lighten tone did not result in something that Marvel movie fans enjoyed any more than they did BvS or Man Of Steel. So I would love for Snyder to at least be able to present his vision for those of us who liked those movies and want more like them. (We may be the vocal minority, but we still helped makes those movies profitable!)

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 15th 2018, 5:48 pm

Yes. That's the thing. They've tried to appeal to the masses, but they've forgotten their most dedicated fans, those of us who've stood by them and their films from the beginning. It's hard not to feel under-valued. But, movies are a business. DC/WB tried putting art ahead of business when they made MOS and BVS and they got a lot of flack for it (even though all their movies were financial successes)
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike March 19th 2018, 6:10 pm

I liked this Justice League well enough. The plot followed a logical construction and the characters (except for the tiff between Diana and Bruce) behaved like functioning adults. All that aside....

For those of you asking for a Snyder cut of the film, what is it you want to see done differently?

When Donner recut Superman 2, he did it to remove some of the funnier and more whimsical scenes. He also recut the ending to use the "spin back in time" solution because he didn't like that Superman killed the Phantom Zone criminals and used a super-hypnotic kiss on Lois. Those were the changes Donner wanted.

What do you want from the movie? Specifically.

AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings March 19th 2018, 7:38 pm

That's a very good question, Winston.

We're making some assumptions, on what Snyder's original vision would have been, obviously, but here are my personal thoughts (sorry if I steal your thunder, Peater, we're probably gonna be similar)

* I'd like the tone dialed back. JL was always going to have a lighter tone than BVS but they want waaaaay too far for my taste. The Superman resurrection showed some promise, with his original confusion and anger, but it fizzled away to nothing. The speech at the end about optimism almost felt like a kick in the face to fans of the previous films. It was like "Hey, we're gonna do these movies the right way from now on guys."

* It all comes down to a deepening of Superman's journey for me (Superman is the most important character to me. He's my favorite, and he started this whole journey in MOS). I want to see the scenes with the black suit. My impression is that they would have given us a deeper, slightly darker journey for Superman from his "resurrection madness" to becoming "The Superman he was always destined to be". I'm okay with Superman changing from the MOS/BVS type that so many hated, to a more traditional dare I even say "optimistic" Superman, but I wanted it handled better. The Superman we end up getting at the end of JL just feels like a caricature of the character. Cracking jokes and racing the Flash? Seriously? And it's not even that racing the flash itself is a bad idea, I mean, that's a staple concept of those two characters, but the way they did it just felt so cheesy and ... I dunno. Not Man-Of-Steel-ish. Superman had to come to terms with having died, coming back to life. Re-examining his life. We saw none of this. It was all off-screen. To be honest, the Superman/Clark at the start of BVS was plenty optimistic. He was happy. He even smiled and make an occasional joke. That's what I wanted to get back to. Not this. In short, I am hopeful that Snyder's original scenes are closer to the characterisation of Superman that I personally want.

* A deeper villain. The villain in JL was one of the weakest points. MOS had one of the best villains of any superhero movie I've seen. BVS and WW villains weren't as good, but still had some very nice depth to them. Steppenwolf in JL was extremely shallow. I have no idea if a Snyder cut would improve this or not? I suspect so, simply because so much stuff was cut in favour of jokes.

* Longer run time. This ties it all together. We know a lot of stuff was cut from the film. Whole characters. I strongly suspect that there was a lot of character and thematic depth in those scenes.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 20th 2018, 8:35 am

I'm with Adam on everything he said, I think, and also want to acknowledge the assumptions I'm making about Snyder's vision. His vision may have changed to go lighter than I'm imagining.
    But as for any thoughts I would add to Adams:

Time. I just want things to "breathe" more. One among countless examples would be Clark's reunion with his mother on the farm. They barely start hugging and the scene cuts away. How about a longer shot of that, followed by a cut to another shot further away, summarizing the whole scene. Let it sit a few seconds so we can enjoy and appreciate this reunion after the deep sadness they stayed in for so long at the end of BvS. Although I may give the opposite impression, I don't like Grim or Sad for its own sake in stories. I like it when I think it will yield a payoff later. An amazing payoff was set up at the end of BvS. But I felt robbed of that in JL.

The resurrection also felt like it was accomplished way too easily, even before the "Frankenstein Superman" business.

And I'll second the caricature remark. Even in MoS, I felt like Henry Cavil felt less sincere when smiling as Superman. Not as Clark, but as Superman. There was something slightly "put on" about it. Like he was playing Superman in an SNL sketch. And in this movie, I felt like it was much more pronounced in nearly all the re-shoot scenes.

"But Paeter, how could you possibly know which scenes were the reshoots?"

Just watch the upper lip. The mustache removal in this movie was downright haunting.

And upon a second viewing, I'd like to remove nearly every single one of Ezra Miller's jokes. They just felt forced.

Boy, I could keep going, but I gotta get these boys up and off to school!

www.spiritblade.com
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson March 20th 2018, 6:43 pm

There's no way i can change the title of a thread, is there? Because I want to rename this one, "The Zack Snyder Commenting on Justice League Thread." I just found more news about Snyder pointing out an Easter egg from BvS that was supposed to hint at Snyder's plans for Justice League 2.

https://screenrant.com/batman-v-superman-justice-league-2-connections-zack-snyder/

The article speculates that perhaps Batman and Wonder Woman were to die (or "die") in Snyder's version of Justice League 2.

Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Bvs-sn11
    Zack Snyder responds to fan question about Justice League deleted scene Bvs-sn10
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 21st 2018, 9:04 am

Well, I tried changing the topic title, but I'm not smart enough.

Interesting tidbit, though! I just assumed it was a reference to the classic crucifixion imagery of three crosses.

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 7:18 pm