Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

US Army warns of potential violence at Joker screenings

AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 834
    Geek-Cred : 4

US Army warns of potential violence at Joker screenings Empty US Army warns of potential violence at Joker screenings

Post  AGoodReed September 26th 2019, 6:30 pm

https://www.disrn.com/2019/09/25/us-army-warns-of-potential-mass-shootings-at-joker-screenings/

"The U.S. Army has warned about the potential for mass shootings at upcoming 'Joker' screenings. In a widely distributed email, the Army noted that their warning was a response to intelligence they received that 'incels' may be planning an attack.

"Incels, short for 'involuntary celibates,' describe themselves as a subculture of society unable to find romance or sexual partners."

Then, from the Adam Ford Newsletter (attached to the same website):

"This gives me eerie flashbacks of the 2012 Aurora movie theater shooting. Remember, that happened in a screening of 'The Dark Knight Rises' and the shooter was dressed up as, and identified himself as, the Joker.

"If you're planning on going to see this movie when it opens — I'd say especially on opening night — please do be careful and aware."
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

US Army warns of potential violence at Joker screenings Empty Re: US Army warns of potential violence at Joker screenings

Post  Paeter September 27th 2019, 8:51 am

I'm not sure what to make of this. It seems like a case of "if it bleeds it leads" reporting. But I don't want to prevent anyone from caution. Honestly I think it's a good policy to always be cautious and aware of escape routes in public, but at the same time not live in fear.

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 5:08 am