Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of Empty The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of

Post  Paeter April 2nd 2020, 10:09 am

I'm thinking of theming my livestream in May around cheap games with TONS of playtime value for their price. So I'm curious what comes to mind for you guys, either video games or tabletop.

Let's say the rules are that it has to cost under $20 and be available for that price regularly, right now. (So not some awesome flash sale you bought it from.) You don't have to have bought it cheap. It just needs to be cheap now and hold up without nostalgia goggles.

If possible, link to some youtube video about it so we can get a quick reference.

I have to start with Never Winter Nights on PC, for its crazy amount of content, including numerous great campaigns from users. It was cheaper before it got turned into an enhanced edition, but it's still $19.99! And if you don't need modern graphics, the gameplay is still incredibly rich!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of Empty Re: The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of

Post  jorowi April 9th 2020, 1:00 pm

Easy. Hearthstone & Pokemon GO.

Twitter
    Instagram
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of Empty Re: The Cheapest Game You've Got The Most Play Out Of

Post  DNArington April 9th 2020, 4:30 pm

I sunk a good 60+ hours (which is about the top limit of games that I play) into Days Gone last year and had a blast! It's an open world zombie game with fun gameplay, an engaging story and a good progression system! You can get it for about $20 on Amazon.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike April 11th 2020, 1:34 pm

While I have definitely spent many hours and miles on Pokemon Go, it fills the role of exercise app for me.. Smile

But when it comes to board and card games, we have a few favorites. A regular old deck of cards provides us with Spades, Euchre, and Hand And Foot. Non-traditional favorites include

Love Letter
    Available in classic, Batman, Adventure Time, Hobbit, Lovecraft, Archer, Munchkin, Santa, and Legend of the Five Rings. I've probably left off a theme or two. Z-Man has also announced an Infinity Gauntlet version for this summer. All of them are very similar, with a few small differences in the way the cards bring out the theme.

Munchkin
    Also available in classic, Cthulhu, Bites! (gothic), Super, Star (space), Impossible (spy), old west, pirate, Pathfinder, Marvel Super Heroes, X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Wizard of Oz... and I know for a fact I've forgotten several themes. Again, game play is similar across all themes, with a few small differences.

Fluxx
    Once again it comes in classic, space, pirate, Cthulhu, Batman, Marvel, Jumanji, chemistry, math, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Star Trek: TNG, Anatomy, Adventure TIme, Monty Python, stoner, astronomy... and again I haven't touched all the themes available. Game play is exactly the same between versions, with the mixture of cards providing thematic flavor.

But my absolute favorite, which has provided me with many hours of play both vs friends and solo (either by cards or app) is Star Realms - only $15 for the deck or $5 for the app.

Also, White Wizard recently sent me a giveaway code for the full app game - PM me if you want it FCFS!

One more note about White Wizard, they recently implemented a program where if you buy from their online store and register your local game store, the local store is given 25% of your purchase price!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 11:48 pm