Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
mindspike
Paeter
6 posters

Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions! Empty Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions!

Post  Paeter April 2nd 2020, 11:29 am

I'm beginning to think that our celebration of The Summer Of Free at CGC will have extra relevance this year, as many people will be aiming to save money and looking for free entertainment. And since I have a note in my work schedule to begin my Summer Of Free research today, I thought it would be wise to invite you guys in on the process if you have any ideas. So I will try to pin this topic or flag it or whatever so that it is easy to see and update. Whenever you have a suggestion for geeky entertainment that is 100% legal and 100% free to anyone with an internet connection, please be encouraged to post it here! Thank you!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions! Empty Re: Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions!

Post  mindspike April 3rd 2020, 6:46 pm

From Marvel.com

Marvel Unlimited, Marvel’s digital comics subscription service, is now offering all fans FREE access to some of Marvel’s most iconic stories from recent years, including now-classic Marvel Comics events and critically acclaimed runs featuring the Avengers, Spider-Man, Black Widow, Captain America, Captain Marvel, and more. Fans who are social distancing will be able to escape into the Marvel Universe and revisit their favorite stories from a curated selection of complete story arcs – completely free – on Marvel Unlimited, starting Thursday, April 2 until Monday, May 4.

ADVERTISING

To access Marvel Unlimited’s free comics offering, download or update the Marvel Unlimited app for iOS or Android at the respective Apple and Google Play app stores, and click “Free Comics” on the landing screen. No payment information or trial subscriptions will be required for the selection of free comics.

This month’s free comics will feature instant Marvel Comics classics and can’t-miss events including:

AVENGERS VS. X-MEN
    CIVIL WAR
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RED GOBLIN
    BLACK PANTHER BY TA-NEHISI COATES VOL. 1
    THANOS WINS BY DONNY CATES
    X-MEN MILESTONES: DARK PHOENIX SAGA
    AVENGERS: KREE/SKRULL WAR
    AVENGERS BY JASON AARON VOL. 1: THE FINAL HOST
    FANTASTIC FOUR VOL. 1: FOUREVER
    BLACK WIDOW VOL. 1: S.H.I.E.L.D.'S MOST WANTED
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER ULTIMATE
    CAPTAIN MARVEL VOL. 1: HIGHER, FURTHER, FASTER, MORE

Customers on the Marvel Comics App and webstore as well as comiXology will also have free access to these stories for a limited time.

Paeter
    Admin

Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions! Empty Re: Your Summer Of Free 2020 (& Quarantine) Suggestions!

Post  Paeter April 6th 2020, 3:18 pm

Sweet! Thanks, Winston!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 6th 2020, 6:02 pm

Big Finish are making a different Doctor Who Audio drama free each monday. This week's offering is a War Doctor story starring the late John Hurt.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/news/radio/2020-04-06/doctor-who-big-finish-free/

Also, I mentioned this in another thread, but the DS9 Documentary "What We Left Behind" is free to watch on TUBI.
    https://tubitv.com/movies/513071/what_we_left_behind_looking_back_at_star_trek_deep_space_nine

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 7th 2020, 12:24 pm

Nice! Thanks, Adam!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed April 10th 2020, 9:54 am

Valiant Comics has released their Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe movie for free on YouTube. It was a webseries, but they've combined all the episodes together to make it a film.

It features characters from the Valiant Comics universe such as Ninjak, X-O Manowar, the Eternal Warrior (played by WWE's John Morrison), and Bloodshot (played by the Green/White Ranger himself, Jason David Frank). This was Bloodshot's first official live action portrayal, even before the Vin Diesel movie.

I haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if it's any good, but it was definitely made with a lower budget than anything you'll see in the theater.

NINJAK VS THE VALIANT UNIVERSE - The Complete Webseries
    From Valiant Entertainment and Bat In the Sun Productions

Colin King is Ninjak, MI6’s deadliest intelligence operative and weapons expert. When the ruthless assassin Roku exploits his greatest weakness, Ninjak will be forced to betray his closest allies. Now, on the run, he must face off against the most powerful heroes known to man for a high-octane, take-no-prisoners trial by fire more perilous and more unpredictable than any he’s faced before.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 13th 2020, 2:07 pm

Nice, Reed! I did some quick skipping around the video. Looks like about CW TV production budget quality but without CW TV "Flavor". That's a step in the right direction for me!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 15th 2020, 1:37 pm

Here's a couple shocking freebies for PS4 owners I just learned about! Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection & Journey are both free from April 15th-May 5th. And reportedly if you get them during that time they will remain yours forever, NO PS+ Subscription required!!!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/04/14/announcing-the-play-at-home-initiative/

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings April 15th 2020, 6:36 pm

Oh, Man! Never before have I so wished that I had a PS4.
    I love the first 3 Uncharted games but haven't been able to play further than that in the series.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 30th 2020, 9:06 pm

Another PS4 Freebie I missed is the Pac Man Championship Edition 2, also free like the other two games if download before May 5th!

www.spiritblade.com
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1095
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi May 1st 2020, 2:52 pm

Free COVID-19 testing.

Twitter
    Instagram
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve May 13th 2020, 3:56 pm

I don't know if this counts, but my book Countless as the Stars is on kindle unlimited, so sort of free-ish if you're a subscriber... but I will be running a free promo on amazon later in summer for non-subscribers Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter May 14th 2020, 12:46 pm

UKSteve wrote:I don't know if this counts, but my book Countless as the Stars is on kindle unlimited, so sort of free-ish if you're a subscriber... but I will be running a free promo on amazon later in summer for non-subscribers Smile

Criteria requires 100% free for those with an internet connection and home computer. (Although I'll be breaking that rule a bit featuring print & play games this summer.) But let us know when that free amazon promo starts!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 18th 2020, 11:48 am

Although I ended up not reviewing Desperados 3 this week, I caught the news that they are releasing a free PnP Western RPG to coincide with the launch of the video game. You can get it now at: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/316116/Desperados-A-Pen-and-Paper-Roleplaying-Game

If anyone tries it out or even just reads the rules I'd love to hear what you think!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed June 19th 2020, 7:05 pm

Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition is currently free on Steam (and supposedly for PC, Xbox, and PS-something). Not sure for how long.

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/242700/
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter June 22nd 2020, 8:46 am

AGoodReed wrote:Injustice: Gods Among Us - Ultimate Edition is currently free on Steam (and supposedly for PC, Xbox, and PS-something). Not sure for how long.

https://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/242700/

I heard about this but didn't think to post about it, so thank you!

www.spiritblade.com

AGoodReed likes this post

UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve June 22nd 2020, 1:24 pm

Free kindle promos upcoming:

Countless as the Stars (an Old Testament Space Opera): free July 3-7

The Chip Whisperer: Bit#1 of The Ambivalence Chronicles, a GameLit Comedy in 8 Bits: free July 10-14

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 9:52 pm