Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer Empty Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer

Post  Rickster April 10th 2022, 5:21 pm

so today there was the kingdom hearts 20th anniversary event and they revealed the trailer to Kingdom Hearts 4

the video includes the release window for KH Dark Road ending reveal of KH Missing Link which are both mobile games and the 4 trailer begins around the 4 minute mark.

Craig likes this post

Craig

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer Empty Re: Kingdom Hearts 4 trailer

Post  Craig May 5th 2022, 1:10 am

From the trailer, it seems like they are leaning more heavily on the final fantasy side of things rather than the Disney side of the game(and previous games). Though personally I don't approve the way they did his hair(the spikes were like his signature look T-T).

In terms of gameplay, the mechanics look really good. Similar to Dream Drop Distance and KH3, we see that they are going for ease of mobility and being able to move quickly during combat. There also seems to be a slightly different take on the Kingdom Key's abilities. We see some kind of grappling hook ability that I don't remember seeing in previous games, at least not for this specific weapon of Sora's. We might just see some Spiderman-like mechanics included.

The graphics also seem to match more with final fantasy trailers and the latest final fantasy games(FFXV,FFVII-remake, etc.). It definitely gives the game a more serious look compared to the more Disney/Child-like experience of previous games. Even the trailer itself and the music kinda hint at a more serious story. But who knows, this is only the first trailer they've released showing that it is in development. We might see plenty of changes.

God bless and all the best with the rest..
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 11th 2022, 7:43 pm

This is the beginning of a new story arc, right?

Haven't watched the trailer, but I seem to remember hearing speculation that with this arc they would be leaning more on teen/adult Disney rather than cartoony/childrens disney. So... a good amount of Marvel and Star Wars on the way? I'm thinking that would get new players in for sure!

Maybe the next arc will start with some Hellraiser!(Disney's "Buena Vista" imprint, I believe released one or more of those)

www.spiritblade.com

Craig likes this post

Craig

Activity : 5
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Craig May 12th 2022, 3:02 am

Paeter wrote:This is the beginning of a new story arc, right?

Haven't watched the trailer, but I seem to remember hearing speculation that with this arc they would be leaning more on teen/adult Disney rather than cartoony/childrens disney. So... a good amount of Marvel and Star Wars on the way? I'm thinking that would get new players in for sure!

Maybe the next arc will start with some Hellraiser!(Disney's "Buena Vista" imprint, I believe released one or more of those)

Yip, pretty sure some fans were even speculating and hoping for marvel or star wars content to be added to kingdom hearts 3.

If they do go ahead and add those universes/worlds to the game, I still have no idea how they would do it. Things like voice actors and ensuring the stories crossover in a way that fans like, etc.

I did remember though that in previous games both Pirates of the Caribbean(KH2+KH3) and Tron(KHDDD) were added. And unlike the other worlds explored, those worlds definitely offered a more serious or sombre tone with the world setting and the themes explored.

But even in the Big Hero 6 world in KH3, I think there were some serious themes explored but the overall experience and atmosphere of the world was not so serious. Likely due to the bright lights and sites explored in that particular world.

So it would be interesting to see how or even if they try to add more serious themes and settings, whilst creating a world that the player will still be fascinated by and eager to explore. Then again if there's no sunshine, Paeter might just end up picking up the game with his love of drab settings in games.

I doubt they will make a depressingly sad game in terms of its tone, but they will probably create a very different setting compared to previous games. God bless and all the best with the rest..
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 17th 2022, 7:39 pm

Craig wrote: Then again if there's no sunshine, Paeter might just end up picking up the game with his love of drab settings in games.

The opening scene is the gruesome murder of Mickey Mouse, with Goofy discovering the aftermath and wailing with mouse entrails in his arms.

A tale of vengeance begins...

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 14th 2022, 3:24 pm

Paeter wrote:This is the beginning of a new story arc, right?

Sort of. It is called the start of the Lost Masters arc but the ground work for it was established in previous games.

Paeter wrote:

I seem to remember hearing speculation that with this arc they would be leaning more on teen/adult Disney rather than cartoony/childrens disney. So... a good amount of Marvel and Star Wars on the way?

A lot of people think the forest area in the trailer is Endor and people think they see what looks like the foot of an AT-ST. The game also appears to take elements from the Cancled/changed in XV Final Fantasy Versus XIII if the end of the DLC is any indicator

They even considered calling the game Vernum Rex after the fictious game seen in the Toy Story world

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 5:59 am