Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

"From Beyond" Release!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

"From Beyond" Release! Empty "From Beyond" Release!

Post  Paeter May 19th 2022, 12:31 pm

A little overdue to post this here, but here ya go in case you haven't heard!

(Copied from original post, here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/66538516 )

Well, after nearly 6 years of trying different things, I'm very happy to finally announce the release of a new audio drama from Spirit Blade Productions! Shortly after this announcement is posted, the Spirit Blade Productions presentation of "From Beyond", by H.P. Lovecraft, will be available for download, exclusively for patrons of all tiers at patreon.com/spiritbladeproductions!

This version of "From Beyond", a faithful word-for-word adaptation of the original short story, is in the style of a "one-person play", which the first-person perspective of the original work lends itself to. It features cinematic sound effects and a musical score; the same full-production treatment of past SBP audio dramas. And this initial offering is just the beginning of "From Beyond" content that will be rolling out over the next several months, exclusively for patrons of all tiers. Content plans for the future (some of which are already complete and ready to go!) includes:

- An alternate version removing the musical score and mixed specifically to let the ambience and sound effects bring you an even more "ground level" experience of this eerie tale.

- One or more "vintage" versions that will use filter effects to create an audio experience evoking an older time period, closer to that in which H.P. Lovecraft lived and wrote.

- A pure audiobook version containing only my performance, allowing for more of your own imagination to fill in the unimaginable and indescribable horrors!

- A limited run podcast series that uses clips of the production to explore our everyday fears from a biblical perspective, sharing my own journey and struggles as someone with a life-long fear of the unknown.

Considering that this is the first real SBP audio drama release that I haven't written myself, it is surprisingly still a very personal project! Whether you like H.P. Lovecraft or don't like any kind of horror at all, I hope you'll give this project a listen in one or more of its various forms, and then join me for an exploration of fear that I hope will be helpful and guided by God's word and the Holy Spirit.

Keep an eye out for the premiere version of "From Beyond" later today, and then stay tuned for more to drop next month!

Thank you for your support!

-Paeter

(For those curious, I threw together the accompanying image myself, and am certainly open to having something better made in the future. But for now I just wanted to get this thing out for you guys!)

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

"From Beyond" Release! Empty Re: "From Beyond" Release!

Post  AGoodReed May 21st 2022, 10:04 am

That's pretty cool, and unexpected (mainly because I haven't been keeping up with things recently). I used to be really interested in Lovecraft. I read a couple of his shorter things ("Herbert West-Reanimator" and "Cool Air") way back when. Then I became concerned about his anti-Christian beliefs and stopped reading. Then I decided to read "The Colour Out of Space" before watching the movie. And now that you're making this, I think I'll give it a listen. I might wait to sign up until there are some more versions available, though. I'm in no hurry.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter May 23rd 2022, 5:15 pm

AGoodReed wrote:That's pretty cool, and unexpected (mainly because I haven't been keeping up with things recently). I used to be really interested in Lovecraft. I read a couple of his shorter things ("Herbert West-Reanimator" and "Cool Air") way back when. Then I became concerned about his anti-Christian beliefs and stopped reading. Then I decided to read "The Colour Out of Space" before watching the movie. And now that you're making this, I think I'll give it a listen. I might wait to sign up until there are some more versions available, though. I'm in no hurry.

Cool! Stay tuned! I will use the podcast to spotlight the additional versions when they go up!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 9th 2024, 9:04 am