Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Finished Skyrim Main Quest

AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Finished Skyrim Main Quest Empty Finished Skyrim Main Quest

Post  AdamCollings June 19th 2022, 7:23 pm

I need to share this with someone who would understand. But pretty excited that this weekend I completed the main quest of Skyrim. It was pretty epic and I'm happy with how it all turned out. I still have plenty of side quests to complete, and the whole civil war thing is probably gonna heat up now that Alduin is taken care of.

Now I'm looking forward to developing a new status quo for my character. How do you settle back into normal life after going through something so significant? Will life feel empty for him? Will dealing with minor issues truly satisfy him? Will he be willing to take on jobs he'd never have considered in the past, because he's chasing the feeling of exuberance he had the day he saved the world? I think my Dragonborn might be facing temptation to become a somewhat less idealistic person (and that may allow me to take on some quests that I just didn't think fit his character before).

I also have a cool idea for some backstory that will allow me to create a character for Oblivion that will make sense of the fact that I played Skyrim first.

Expect fan fiction to follow. lol
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Finished Skyrim Main Quest Empty Re: Finished Skyrim Main Quest

Post  Paeter June 22nd 2022, 4:00 pm

Cool, congratulations!

I had to smile because the potential shift in your character's outlook on life sounded like the fantasy world equivalent of a mid-life Crisis. "I did(or didn't) accomplish my dream, so what is left for me in life?" I'm thinking a dark, "Breaking Bad" path could be ahead of him!

Enjoy!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings June 22nd 2022, 7:54 pm

Yes. Very much like a mid-life crisis. It's the kind of feeling that companions often feel after they stop travelling with the Doctor in Doctor Who.

I'm thinking a dark, "Breaking Bad" path could be ahead of him!

I think it will take some extra oomph to get him that far. But interestingly, it was starting to look like we might be headed there.
    The blades wanted me to kill Parthenaux, something I absolutely refused to do. A little reading online had suggested that in order to finish the game, I'd either have to kill him, or kill the blades.
    I could see my character actually fighting against the blades in defence of Parthenaux, and then spending the rest of his life absolutely wracked with guilt over having taken their lives. That would have completely destroyed the idealism I've always played him with.
    But that didn't end up being necessary.

Step 1 is he's finally willing to take sides in the civil war, because he's chasing that feeling of adventure, that feeling of purpose.
    We'll see where things take me from there. I have no idea what's in store.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Post  AdamCollings June 26th 2022, 7:50 pm

I'm finding myself very surprised how much I'm still enjoying Skyrim after finishing the main quest. That's very rare for me. Usually, once the credits roll, I'm out. (of course, Skyrim didn't have credits rolling)

Yesterday, after having played 137 hours of the game, I stumbled onto a new town I'd never discovered before and spent a few hours there playing a whole new story. Such an incredible world.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 28th 2022, 8:10 pm

AdamCollings wrote:I'm finding myself very surprised how much I'm still enjoying Skyrim after finishing the main quest. That's very rare for me. Usually, once the credits roll, I'm out. (of course, Skyrim didn't have credits rolling)

Yesterday, after having played 137 hours of the game, I stumbled onto a new town I'd never discovered before and spent a few hours there playing a whole new story. Such an incredible world.

Oh, for sure! For me, Bethesda games aren't really about the main questline. That's just a very long tutorial introducing you to the basics of the game. lol!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 5:18 pm