Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer Empty Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer

Post  Paeter October 25th 2022, 6:01 pm

May it never be said that I always poop on MCU stuff, because this made me chuckle and looks like something I'd enjoy!

Also, I counted multiple uses of the word "Christmas"! Good for you, Disney, I'm sure that was difficult.

(Okay, I'm sick and feeling more jaded than usual I think. Don't pay attention to me.)

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer Empty Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer

Post  AdamCollings December 6th 2022, 8:09 pm

Curious if you ended up seeing this, Paeter, and if so, what you thought about it.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer Empty Re: Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer

Post  Paeter December 7th 2022, 1:28 pm

AdamCollings wrote:Curious if you ended up seeing this, Paeter, and if so, what you thought about it.

I did! Getting ready to record this week's podcast ep and have extensive notes to share!

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings December 13th 2022, 5:26 pm

I had a similar reaction to this. I was very moved when Starlord said
    Spoiler:

I think the reason the tone worked for me was because it was very low stakes. It was just about cheering somebody up on Christmas. There were no world-ending stakes like in the "dance off, bro"
    scene in the first movie. As you said, it knew it was a comedy and wasn't trying to be anything else.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter December 13th 2022, 6:57 pm

AdamCollings wrote:

I think the reason the tone worked for me was because it was very low stakes.

Really good observation! Yeah, the lack of stakes worked much better with the tone! And I was ALSO really moved by that scene. Seems like a big reveal to not feature in a movie! I wonder if they will reference it in Vol. 3!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 12:08 pm