Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!)

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!) Empty Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!)

Post  Paeter June 25th 2023, 9:03 pm

Okay, so I'm gong down the rabbit hole of Michael Rosenbaum's "Inside You" podcast and keep running into Christian celebrities! Neal McDonough, a devout Catholic, decided he would not do kissing roles out of faithfulness to his wife. He took a lot of crap in Hollywood and had to re-establish his career as basically playing bad guys (who kiss less often in scripts). I find this so fascinating and it again makes me wonder if many, perhaps most (I won't yet presume "all") actors should not even be going as far as kissing other actors because, whether they admit to it, or realize it, or not, its hard to keep something real from happening.

I doubt we'll get a good study published on that any time soon, but for now I admire his commitment to his marriage and his faith (even if I can't give the thumbs up to a number of Catholic doctrines).

Here's the video. The meat of this topic happens around 10 minutes in, although they start into the topic of his faith earlier:

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!) Empty Re: Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!)

Post  AdamCollings June 26th 2023, 12:57 am

Interesting. I know that Candace Cameron (of Full House and Fuller House fame) is a Christian and does "fake Hollywood kisses" which look real but are not. (I've never been able to tell the difference)

I'm curious how Rosenbaum reacts to this. I'll be interested to watch to find out.
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!) Empty Re: Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!)

Post  AdamCollings June 26th 2023, 1:27 am

Oh my goodness! It's Lieutenance Hawk from Star Trek First Contact!
    Neal McDonough Doesn't Do Kissing Roles (To Protect His Marriage!) Hawk10

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter June 26th 2023, 5:34 pm

AdamCollings wrote:Oh my goodness! It's Lieutenance Hawk from Star Trek First Contact!

Yeah, he makes the rounds in Geek entertainment!

www.spiritblade.com
    AGoodReed
    AGoodReed

Activity : 835
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  AGoodReed June 28th 2023, 3:23 pm

Paeter wrote:
    AdamCollings wrote:Oh my goodness! It's Lieutenance Hawk from Star Trek First Contact!

Yeah, he makes the rounds in Geek entertainment!

I don't think I've ever seen him without white hair until now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 1:15 pm