Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+5
Tim
Digdug445
Rickster
Paeter
Aussie_Pilgrim
9 posters

What TV Shows are/were you watching?

Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Activity : 27
    Geek-Cred : 0

What TV Shows are/were you watching? Empty What TV Shows are/were you watching?

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 1:15 am

Hi guys was wondereing what you guys are enjoying in the way of Tv Series? I know its all on break atm but im always on the lookout for new stuff to watch. Currently working my way through 'Legend of the Seeker' and 'Warehouse 13'. Also huge Fan of Chuck, SGU, Just got hooked on Dr Who and a few others.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What TV Shows are/were you watching? Empty Re: What TV Shows are/were you watching?

Post  Paeter July 7th 2010, 1:45 am

Wow. I just realized that I am not watching any shows regularly on TV. None. Not for lack of time. I've just looked far and wide and not found anything that tickles my fancy enough to stick with.
    And I think it's been that way for close to 6-9 months now. What is the world coming to?

Crying or Very sad

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

What TV Shows are/were you watching? Empty Re: What TV Shows are/were you watching?

Post  Rickster July 7th 2010, 2:39 am

Well now hat LOST is over and Flashforward was cancelled the only shows I've be watching will be Chuck and V. As for shows coming out this Fall No ordinary family might be intresting but other then that I'll be working on my game show
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Activity : 58

Post  Digdug445 July 7th 2010, 2:52 am

A show that I used to watch regularly until our tv broke, was NCIS. It's not sci-fi but it's good.
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Post  Digdug445 July 7th 2010, 2:56 am

Also forgot to mention that I am a big fan of Eureka, SG-1, and Atlantis. Also I'm a fan of Good Eats on Food Network. It's like a cooking show for geeks. lol Razz
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 7th 2010, 2:59 am

Digdug445 wrote:A show that I used to watch regularly until our tv broke, was NCIS. It's not sci-fi but it's good.
    The guy who plays Mike Fink (I think that's his characters name) is a Christian and he actually sent me a friend request on Facebook.
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Post  Digdug445 July 7th 2010, 3:02 am

Rickster wrote:
    Digdug445 wrote:A show that I used to watch regularly until our tv broke, was NCIS. It's not sci-fi but it's good.
    The guy who plays Mike Fink (I think that's his characters name) is a Christian and he actually sent me a friend request on Facebook.

Cool uh lol just wondering what part of ncis is he?
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster July 7th 2010, 3:06 am

Digdug445 wrote:
    Rickster wrote:

Cool uh lol just wondering what part of ncis is he?

IDK I've never seen the show the actor is Muse Watson and I think he's just a requering guest star on the show
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 7th 2010, 11:51 am

Bummer about your tv. Give Hulu.com a try. Tons of current TV shows on there. Most shows are also available at their network's website.

www.spiritblade.com
    Digdug445
    Digdug445
    Alliance Member

Post  Digdug445 July 7th 2010, 12:23 pm

We actually kinda already tried to watch shows on there but it isn't available where we are. We had dish tv but for some reason either the satellite or dish moved, so that's how our tv broke.
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim July 7th 2010, 1:59 pm

Ok, my turn...

It seems like right now alot of my shows have gone on hiatus like Chuck, SGU, Legend of the Seeker, House, and V [i think, I kind of have a lot of episodes backlogged on my DVR]same with Star Wars: The Clone Wars...

Enjoying some good ones right now like Lie to Me, Deadliest Warrior, and Last comic Standing...

I'm looking forward to watching the premiers of Warehouse 13, Psych, Eureka, Demons [on BBCAM], looking forward to The Cape and maybe The Event in the Fall.

My absolute favorite TV Shows [currently] are Bones, Burn Notice, Top Gear, Doctor Who, How Its Made, and running thru Farscape for the first time on DVD.

><>

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 7th 2010, 7:03 pm

A moments Silence for Farscape........................and were back.
    kevbayer
    kevbayer

Activity : 19

Post  kevbayer July 7th 2010, 7:59 pm

Warehouse 13 is fun. I'm glad it's back.
    SGU (big stargate fan)
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Castle
    Bones
    Smallville (I can't believe I admit that... )

And I've been watching a new show called "The Good Guys". It's a cop buddy show starring Colin Hanks (son of Tom Hanks). It's cheesy fluff, but it's fun.

I might try Haven too - new SyFy series. I hear it's based upon a Stephen King novella.

I'm thinking about going back and rewatching Justice League and JLU, and maybe Gargoyles.

Rohelf
    Rohelf

Activity : 142

Post  Rohelf July 8th 2010, 11:16 am

I don't have cable, so my viewing choices are limited, but I've been really digging Fringe, and am eager for it to return this fall. The cliffhanger is killing me! Shocked Also, I admit to enjoying Big Bang Theory as a guilty pleasure.
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Activity : 354
    Geek-Cred : 10

Post  UKSteve July 10th 2010, 3:47 am

I loved the latest incarnation of Doctor Who...
    now that's finished, I'm just clearing a backlog of old Sanctuary eps off my DVR and waiting for Caprica to return. And Fringe.
    Aussie_Pilgrim
    Aussie_Pilgrim

Post  Aussie_Pilgrim July 10th 2010, 4:06 am

Is sanctuary any good?
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 12th 2010, 6:24 am

Aussie_Pilgrim wrote:Is sanctuary any good?
    It's entertaining in a 'monster of the week' kind of way, but it's hardly going to set the world alight. The premise is interesting, but never really goes anywhere that Joss Whedon hasn't already taken us. It has its amusing moments, although now I come to think of it, most are probably unintentional: Sam Carter's British accent, and the aerial view of Essex, England early in season 2... I had no idea Essex had rolling hills! Anyway, if you like Buffy-esque urban fantasy you might get a kick out of it, but I wouldn't rush out to buy the DVDs.
    Cerddaf
    Cerddaf

Activity : 10

What TV Shows are/were you watching? Empty What I watch ( and listen to)

Post  Cerddaf July 13th 2010, 4:12 am

Dr Who - what else, ever since the first episode.
    (And they are bringing back Jo Grant for an episode of the spinoff "Sarah Jane Adventures")
    They are also bringing back Torchwood - but I'm not so sure about that.

Also Jonathon Creek, because it's fun.

And the recreated "Paul Temple and Steve" on BBC 4. Wonderfully bad in so many ways, but we can't stop listening to it.
    Malcolm
    UKSteve
    UKSteve

Post  UKSteve July 13th 2010, 8:57 am

Cerddaf wrote:
    They are also bringing back Torchwood - but I'm not so sure about that.

Children of Earth was good. I think the whole show would be better if Russell T Davros hadn't got the idea that an 'adult' spin-off had to involve so much sex...
    Cerddaf
    Cerddaf

Activity : 10

Post  Cerddaf July 13th 2010, 12:13 pm

[quote="UKSteve"]
    Aussie_Pilgrim wrote: Sam Carter's British accent, and the aerial view of Essex, England early in season 2... I had no idea Essex had rolling hills!

Well at least she was born in Essex, even if she did move to Canada when she was three.

I remember being baffled for years by the strange accents of people like Dr Smith on Space Family Robinson. Then I found out it was supposed to be a British accent. Hilarious.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 7:25 am