Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Is anyone watching the Lucifer series?

ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Is anyone watching the Lucifer series? Empty Is anyone watching the Lucifer series?

Post  ComiKate January 4th 2020, 3:29 pm

I stumbled onto the Lucifer series on Netflix and was intrigued by the title. I decided to give it a try, fearing it would probably be glorifying all kinds of sinful and blasphemous behaviour. But actually I find it uplifting and fun and often even hilarious! It handles many thought-provoking but timeless issues, like family bonds, romantic relationships, friendship, misunderstandings and betrayal.

I often laugh out loud, this series is a bit like if Third Rock from the Sun, Blackadder and Castle had a child clown

And: no nudity or explicit sex scenes, which was an unexpected but welcome surprise. (There are some bikini babes though)

There are theological issues of course. They get just about everything wrong if you’re expecting anything remotely biblical. However, if you watch it as more of a Greek god universe but with hebrew names and mixed in with some apocryphal catholic mysticism then you’re good Laughing
    So Lucifer then basically would be Zeus, who had two parents and many brothers and sisters.

So, are any of you watching this, and if so, what do you think?

I’m currently crossing from season 2 to 3, so two down, two more to go (yea!).
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Is anyone watching the Lucifer series? Empty Re: Is anyone watching the Lucifer series?

Post  AdamCollings January 9th 2020, 4:23 am

Interesting. I hadn't really considered watching it. Might have to give it a chance some time just to see.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Is anyone watching the Lucifer series? Empty Re: Is anyone watching the Lucifer series?

Post  Paeter January 17th 2020, 4:58 pm

Haven't seen any of it, but nice to get your take on it! Thanks, Katja!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 8:39 am