Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom Empty Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom

Post  Rickster June 18th 2012, 12:32 am

I posted this question on a Facebook page and I thought I'd post it here and get people's thoughts

Do you think they'll be movies (or any type of entertainment) in the Millenium Kingdom? If so what do you think it will be like?
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom Empty Re: Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom

Post  Drew.Rub June 18th 2012, 9:10 pm

I'm partially of the mind that the type of entertainment we will experience in the Millennium Kingdom will be vastly superior to what we consider entertainment in the here and now.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom Empty Re: Entertainment in the Millennium Kingdom

Post  Paeter June 18th 2012, 10:33 pm

Given that there will still be fallen people all over the planet during that time I'd say entertainment art won't be perfect. But with Christ as the ultimate authority I have to conclude that art will be better, both morally and artistically.

Imagine a world where obsession with success and sex are not driving forces in art. Hollywood would lose much of the star-driven system that captivates it now, and films could feature the best ACTORS, not just the best actors among those with the best BODIES.

God created creativity, so imagine an art conference in which Christ, or those directly conveying his teaching, taught artists of all kinds a new way to look at creative art. I think, as much as we can analyze and recognize cliche and formula in our entertainment, even our best "original" and "unique" ideas are way inside the box compared to what God could teach us about how to be creative.

It will be a better time in every way I can think of, and that certainly includes the entertainment arts.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster June 19th 2012, 12:14 am

I've thinking about the Millennium and just getting excited for that time. I'm honestly more excited for that then I am for the rapture.
    But can you imagine going to Moses and saying "we're doing a movie about you. Can you come by and make sure we're doing it right?".
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate July 2nd 2012, 6:07 pm

Perhaps some art will be more intertwined with the spiritual heavenly realm. Like the way the Lord directed Moses and the artists among the people of Israel to build the tabernacle and all the art inside it. Each item, each material, each colour represented something in heaven, so each piece of art brought the people closer to an understanding of the spiritual world - in this case, heaven - and the atoning work of our Lord Jesus.

It would be so cool to be one of such creative artists.
    @Paeter: I would totally love an art conference where our Lord Himself was the teacher - a true Master class! bounce

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter July 3rd 2012, 6:41 pm

ComiKate wrote:Perhaps some art will be more intertwined with the spiritual heavenly realm.

This is probably guaranteed, given that scattered among the mortals will be believers who are in perfected bodies with all sinful inclination removed, constantly in perfect communication with the Holy Spirit, God himself. So in truth, we wouldn't need Jesus to be physically present to guide or teach art. There will be an untold number of people who will be able to communicate the words and thoughts of God without any distortion or....CRAP! My mind is starting to get blown at the possibilities. Jesus, come quickly!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 5:11 am