Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Dredd Prequel Comic

DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Dredd Prequel Comic Empty Dredd Prequel Comic

Post  DNArington September 7th 2012, 12:31 am

Hello everyone,

A prequel comic to the upcoming comic movie adaptation Dredd has been released, and it is free online!
    Here is the link:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/104439907/DREDD-MA-MA

Be forewarned, there is some harsh language, violence, and some sexuality.

Dredd Prequel Comic 1-d58c3e35ef
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Dredd Prequel Comic Empty Re: Dredd Prequel Comic

Post  Paeter September 7th 2012, 1:04 am

Are any Dredd comics being published in the US? I've got some old 2000 AD issues from a trip I took to Australia in Jr. High and have always loved Judge Dredd since then, but I don't think I've seen him on comic store racks here.

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 8th 2012, 8:48 pm

I don't think so. I've searched for currently running Judge Dredd comics not long ago and couldn't find any. I would've thought they would with the new movie coming out and all.
    David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Activity : 67
    Geek-Cred : 3

Post  David N. Alderman September 10th 2012, 5:10 pm

What is everyone's thoughts on the new movie? I'm curious about it. The previews look good, but is this a remake of the old Stallone movie, which in my opinion was a classic? If it's just a remake, I'll definitely skip.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington September 10th 2012, 6:08 pm

David N. Alderman wrote:What is everyone's thoughts on the new movie? I'm curious about it. The previews look good, but is this a remake of the old Stallone movie, which in my opinion was a classic? If it's just a remake, I'll definitely skip.
    It isn't a remake. The stories are completely different and they seem to be going for a much darker, more brutal tone.

Personally I am excited for this one. It looks to be a fun, action packed time, and I like the way Karl Urban seems to be portraying the character. I just hope they don't be too excessive with the blood. I'm not a big fan of gore flying everywhere; it works in some cases (The Expendables for example) and maybe this is one, but I would rather it not.
    David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Post  David N. Alderman September 11th 2012, 11:42 am

Hmm, I might check it out. I've been leery lately of Hollywood in general because they keep coming out with remakes and reboots and all sorts of unoriginal garbage. Kind of frustrating. I've never actually read any of the Judge Dredd comics, but I loved the old Stallone movie and in my opinion, that movie was semi-dark (gritty) to begin with.
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate September 15th 2012, 7:53 pm

They also did a 3D motion version of the same comic that DNArington mentioned above, which you can watch here

DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington October 7th 2012, 2:43 pm

Paeter wrote:Are any Dredd comics being published in the US? I've got some old 2000 AD issues from a trip I took to Australia in Jr. High and have always loved Judge Dredd since then, but I don't think I've seen him on comic store racks here.

I went to a bookstore just yesterday and there was a Judge Dredd graphic novel there. It is probably because of the movie. They aren't from a current US series, but they are available. Also Amazon.com is a great comics recourse. If you want a certain comic or graphic novel just search for it there and BAM there it is for sale at a decent to great price most of the time!
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster October 7th 2012, 7:05 pm

David N. Alderman wrote:Hmm, I might check it out. I've been leery lately of Hollywood in general because they keep coming out with remakes and reboots and all sorts of unoriginal garbage. Kind of frustrating. I've never actually read any of the Judge Dredd comics, but I loved the old Stallone movie and in my opinion, that movie was semi-dark (gritty) to begin with.

I know what you mean I was shocked to learn that a movie based on the game Hungry Hungry Hipos is in development
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington October 8th 2012, 12:43 am

Rickster wrote:

I know what you mean I was shocked to learn that a movie based on the game Hungry Hungry Hipos is in development

Funny thing is, my brothers and I have been joking about a Hungry Hungry Hipos movie since Battleship...and now it's really happening!
    David N. Alderman
    David N. Alderman

Post  David N. Alderman October 8th 2012, 4:08 pm

How in the world are they going to make a movie based on Hungry Hungry Hippo?
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington October 9th 2012, 12:13 am

David N. Alderman wrote:How in the world are they going to make a movie based on Hungry Hungry Hippo?

Here is a fake teaser trailer for a HHH movie:

lol!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 8th 2024, 5:34 am