Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+4
ComiKate
tmorrill
Nathan James Norman
Paeter
8 posters

Listener Created Episode May 31st!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Listener Created Episode May 31st! Empty Listener Created Episode May 31st!

Post  Paeter March 8th 2013, 12:44 pm

Anyone interested in doing another "Listener Created Episode" of the podcast? I think it's been almost a year, or will be by May 31st, when I was thinking we could do it.

I've got three different weeks this summer that I'm planning to go "off grid" to pour myself into Spirit Blade 3. (Subtitle being announced very soon!) This will be in addition to one or two weeks of vacation where there will be no show.

For my three "off grid weeks", I'm planning to put two episodes "in the can" early, so the show isn't interrupted. But if you guys would be interested in doing another Listener show, that would keep me from having to pre-make a third and go a long way to making my off-grid time more productive for SB3.

So any takers?

Below is the outline and whoever feels like volunteering can "call dibs" on a segment of content. (I'll still retain final approval for all content.) And I'm also happy to invite anyone participating in this to plug their blog/show/site as a part of their content!

So here's what's up for grabs:

1.Intro:
    Welcome, including a brief explanation about the special nature of the episode, and a quick highlight of what the show will be about. (This segment would be recorded after the rest of the show has been "turned in" so the intro person will know what will be on the show.)

2. Review/Topic #1 (This could be a review or anything geeky you want to talk about.)

3. Review/Topic #2 (Same as above.)

4. In Search Of Truth (Can be a look at a passage of scripture, an examination of a topic from a biblical perspective, or a personal story of how God has moved or spoken to you as you've pursued truth in your life.)

5. Closing segment that perhaps highlights a currently interesting topic on the forums, encourages listeners to come back next week and of course ends using some form of "seeking the truth" as the final words of the show!

6. Contest segment. I've got a script written with all the details you'll need to remind people of, and you can add whatever incidental thoughts you'd like as well.

If someone else beats you to the punch, feel free to volunteer anyway! Sometimes plans fall through. I may also have time for more than one contributor of each segment! And if not, I'd love to put your content in another episode!

www.spiritblade.com
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Listener Created Episode May 31st! Empty Re: Listener Created Episode May 31st!

Post  Nathan James Norman March 8th 2013, 10:43 pm

You forgot the DNA collector! Can't have a spirit blade episode without a DNA collector (apparently).

Oh, and I am NOT volunteering! lol!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Post  tmorrill March 8th 2013, 11:19 pm

I'll do the contest and I think between now and then I can finally record a few ruper-retro-reviews (I put ruper instead of super, I like alliteration, sue me.) Ive had planned for a while now.

Oh please Nathan, don't be such a wimp when it comes to your DNA, the government already has it anyway...
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 11th 2013, 6:07 pm

Thanks Tmorrill! I've got you down for the contest. Do you want me to put you down for a retro-review segment as well, or were you thinking of that for another time?

www.spiritblade.com
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate March 12th 2013, 6:22 am

I'll do a comic book review if you like. I'll think of some cool one, relatively new and NOT Marvel or DC.

Oh, and "Dibs!" What a Face

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 13th 2013, 7:29 pm

Thanks ComiKate! Sounds great! Okay, so that's one review/geek topic segment filled, as well as the contest segment. Everything else is still up for grabs!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill March 13th 2013, 11:42 pm

Paeter wrote:Thanks Tmorrill! I've got you down for the contest. Do you want me to put you down for a retro-review segment as well, or were you thinking of that for another time?

I'll do the retro-review another time. Unless you're volunteering to write a final for me on International Relations and space travel? Very Happy
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub March 18th 2013, 9:51 pm

I am seriously contemplating calling dibs on the ISoT segment.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 19th 2013, 9:20 pm

tmorrill wrote:
    I'll do the retro-review another time. Unless you're volunteering to write a final for me on International Relations and space travel? Very Happy

Change the subject to inter-galactic relations and time travel and you've got a deal!

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 19th 2013, 9:21 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I am seriously contemplating calling dibs on the ISoT segment.

Doooooo it... you know you wanna...

www.spiritblade.com
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub March 19th 2013, 10:34 pm

Paeter wrote:Doooooo it... you know you wanna...

Curse you and your wretched peer pressure, Paeter! My will power, strong as it may be, is no match for your strength of personality. I'll do it. When do Yu need submissions in?
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 20th 2013, 2:24 pm

Drew.Rub wrote: My will power, strong as it may be, is no match for your strength of personality. I'll do it. When do Yu need submissions in?

lol! Holly (my wife) rolls her eyes and calls me a "cult leader" whenever she catches me persuading somebody into doing something (like trying one of my geeky games or sitting down to watch a wacked-out movie with me). But I've promised never to use my powers for evil... much.

Thanks for being willing to do ISOT, Drew! VERY appreciated!

Why don't we say that the deadline for segment submissions is Sunday, April 28th?

Does that work?

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill March 21st 2013, 3:35 am

Works for me. Or in other words,

Paeter is good, Paeter is great! We surrender our will as of this date!

I might have just watched the episode of the Simpsons where they all join a cult.
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub March 21st 2013, 3:46 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Why don't we say that the deadline for segment submissions is Sunday, April 28th?

Does that work?

Yup, I think I can find a good topic to work on by that time. Smile
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 21st 2013, 5:54 pm

Great! Thanks, guys!

That's not the "Mason" one, is it Tmorrill? "We dooo! We dooooo!"

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster March 21st 2013, 11:40 pm

I'll contribute by listening to the episode
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill March 22nd 2013, 1:40 am

Paeter wrote:Great! Thanks, guys!

That's not the "Mason" one, is it Tmorrill? "We dooo! We dooooo!"

Nope, it's called "The Joy of Sect" Also, here's a link to the chant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPpv9lAtr8M
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 4th 2013, 11:50 pm

I was waiting to see what would be claimed before I dipped in. I don't know if I will have a new computer by then, but I can do a something in a lower quality (like my Avengers vs. Marvel Universe was) and have it in in time. So since nobody claimed it I volunteer to do the other review/topic. I think I will give my thoughts on the current on-going comic series "Avengers Arena" which is an under-appreciated series in my opinion.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter April 5th 2013, 11:04 pm

Sounds great, DNArington! Thanks!

Okay, so all that's left to be claimed are:

Intro:
    Welcome, including a brief explanation about the special nature of the episode, and a quick highlight of what the show will be about. (This segment would be recorded after the rest of the show has been "turned in" so the intro person will know what will be on the show.)

Closing segment:
    Perhaps highlights a currently interesting topic on the forums, encourages listeners to come back next week and of course ends using some form of "seeking the truth" as the final words of the show!

Easy-peasy stuff! Step right up, ladies and gents! (Grandiose, sweeping gesture.) Who will take home one of these fine podcast segments today?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington April 23rd 2013, 11:14 pm

Time is running out! We're not gonna' let Paeter do a segment are we??? Of course not!! Wink

Only an opening and a closing segment to go!!!
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub April 24th 2013, 10:16 am

Eek!

I've gathered my resources for this, I justhadn't realized the deadline was coming up so quickly.

Hunkering down tomorrow night to get this written up so I can record it and dropped in before the Sunday deadline!
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim April 24th 2013, 11:54 am

If I wasnt so congested I would take the intro and outro. Im thinking of something so funny to do but oh well, maybe next time.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    ComiKate
    ComiKate

Activity : 410
    Geek-Cred : 21

Post  ComiKate May 8th 2013, 12:17 pm

So, where are we on the episode? Have we got all bases covered by now?

Has everyone made the deadline and turned in their contribution in time? Raise hands & check please?

"Check!"
    *raises her hand*

Which parts are still missing, if any?
    Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Post  Tim May 8th 2013, 1:16 pm

Is the into and outro still available? I'm finally just about recovered from my massive upper respiratory infection and I was going to record my Injustice review this weekend. If its still available I'd love to take a crack at it.

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Post  Drew.Rub May 8th 2013, 3:58 pm

[quote="ComiKate"]Has everyone made the deadline and turned in their contribution in time? Raise hands & check please?

"Check!"
    *raises her hand*

[quote]
    Check, raise, and call! My part is in. Can't wait for this episode. Of course, I eagerly anticipate ALL the episodes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 7:31 am