Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

The Future Of Christian Geek Central

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Future Of Christian Geek Central Empty The Future Of Christian Geek Central

Post  Paeter July 18th 2013, 8:32 pm

I'm very excited to see some things moving forward for Christian Geek Central!

We are just about ready to launch the Christian Geek Central Network, a collection of excellent podcasts and content producers who utilize their immense geekery to serve Christ and shed light on truth.

At the time of launch we will already have three podcasts in the network. You probably already know about The Spirit Blade Underground Podcast, the official podcast of Christian Geek Central. But you may not be as familiar with The Untold Podcast and The Strangers And Aliens Podcast. These two shows put out some fantastic content I think you're very likely to dig and I'm honored to be associated with the solid folks who produce them.

You may notice that I've been monkeying around with the forums a bit. I've changed the names of a few categories and also made one forum public that was private before. (But have no fear, I haven't deleted any forums or topics aside from some old announcements that I posted.)

The forums for The Untold Podcast and The Strangers And Aliens Podcasts will probably see some activity soon. In the meantime I'd encourage you to check out these two shows and then come back here to talk about them. (The CGC Network Page at christiangeekcentral.com hasn't launched yet, but for now you can easily find both shows through a search or by going to untoldpodcast.com and strangersandaliens.com)

I'd also direct your attention to the newly title "Collaboration" category. This was once geared specifically toward the creation of audio dramas for The Spirit Blade Underground Alliance, including a private forum for the directors of those projects. And while the SBUA still has some projects in the works, I wanted to open this up for the use of anyone in this community who has a creative idea they'd like some help bringing to life.

As I find time I will go in and re-write some of the stickies to reflect this new purpose for the category, but in the meantime feel free to head on over and compare notes, brainstorm or coordinate a team effort. I'm looking forward to seeing what this community may end up creating together!

Finally, I recently posted an article at christiangeekcentral.com about the general future of Christian Geek Central, including my vision for it and how I think we'll get there. I'd highly recommend you check it out, whether you're looking for ways to get involved here or you're content to simply lurk these forums. I'd love for you to have an idea of where we're heading next!

You can get to the article directly here- http://christiangeekcentral.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-future-of-christian-geek-central.html

www.spiritblade.com
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

The Future Of Christian Geek Central Empty Re: The Future Of Christian Geek Central

Post  Paeter July 25th 2013, 12:31 pm

I made a quick edit to the page of Open Position Descriptions. Just correcting an oversight. Not a big thing, I just added an extra perk for those who become administrators. (They will be given opportunity to promote their own thematically appropriate content on CGC.)

You can visit the page here- http://christiangeekcentral.blogspot.com/p/open-roles.html

www.spiritblade.com

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 2:59 am