Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

2 posters

New blog post, inviting comments and open discussion

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

New blog post, inviting comments and open discussion Empty New blog post, inviting comments and open discussion

Post  Drew.Rub July 22nd 2013, 7:47 pm

I just recently added a new post entitled "And now for something completely different" at

http://drub84.wordpress.com

While the main topic isn't geek related, I would appreciate it if people would stop by, read my thoughts, and respond with your own. Feel free to comment there and run with a discussion there, or come back here and add some thoughts here.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

New blog post, inviting comments and open discussion Empty Re: New blog post, inviting comments and open discussion

Post  DNArington July 23rd 2013, 9:51 pm

Also think about it from their perspective. Everything they do, good or bad, is plastered all over the news and internet. If you make a mistake, every knows about it! Most people seem to think having the kind of life the rockstars have would be the epitome of life, but honestly I think it would really stink. There would be some level of coolness to it, granted, but that would soon wear off. We need to, as you are saying, pattern our life after Jesus, the God of the universe, instead of just some human who is rich and powerful, or who makes good music or movies. Then we will reflect the light of Christ onto those watching us, so that our attention and their attention will be fixated on Christ.

I appreciate you posting your thoughts on this topic. It was something my brother and I were discussing the other day, so I like to see outside input so I know we're not just crazy (though we kinda' are.) I'm also glad you acknowledged that the birth of every child should be celebrated, because this is something I strongly agree with you on!

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 6:45 am