Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Pacific Rim

Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Pacific Rim Empty Pacific Rim

Post  Drew.Rub September 2nd 2013, 2:03 am

Few questions about the film, which I just got back from seeing.

Loved it. Loads of fun film; visually appealing, good soundtrack. There were a few scenes that were admittedly blurry and bouncy, and I had a hard time following the action, but overall, it wasn't enough to ruin the film for me.

Now, for the questions.

1) Are we really supposed to believe that the Jaegers are transported to destinations by helicopters? Kinda stretched my suspension of disbelief with that.

2) Ending; were that many helicopters really dispatched for the pickup? Can we say, overboard?

3) Can someone please please please!!! PM me with any post-credit snippets that may have revealed that there's a potential sequel? I wasn't able to stay through to see what, if anything, was at the end of the creds. Thanks in advance.
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Pacific Rim Empty Re: Pacific Rim

Post  BenAvery September 2nd 2013, 11:38 pm

#3 -- nope.

#1 and #2 -- re: helicopters . . . I'm totally fine with them. I'm accepting the monsters and the mechs, I can accept helicopters carrying 'em.

Loved this movie, too.
    45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 September 3rd 2013, 12:06 am

There IS a pretty cool mid-credit sequence involving Hannibal Chau, but nothing that indicates a sequel. Now that the movie has made gobs of money overseas, WB may actually be thinking about a sequel that Del Toro has said he's interested in writing...
    BenAvery
    BenAvery

Activity : 322
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  BenAvery September 3rd 2013, 12:07 am

Del Toro has said that the clues for the sequel direction come from the actual plot of the main movie. He says he can see where they might go.
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington September 4th 2013, 12:22 am

Charlie Day's scientist character was supposed to be the villain of the sequel, but it seems like a sequel will probably not happen, due to not great box office bucks. Sad 
    He was actually my favorite character in the movie.
    Pacific Rim Pacific-Rim-2-Charlie-Day

I can't say I loved it, because the main character was just so dull and unlikable (in my opinion anyway), but it was certainly fun! If it wasn't Del Torro directing, I probably wouldn't have been as excited and therefore not as let down.
    45shiro45
    45shiro45

Activity : 45
    Geek-Cred : 2

Post  45shiro45 September 4th 2013, 12:50 am

We almost certainly will see a sequel now. The worldwide gross is sitting at north of 380 million on a 200 million dollar picture. Even accounting for marketing budget and theater cut, the film will be profitable (not even including all the DVD and Blu-ray sales)...

I'm going to see it again for the fourth time some time this weekend, (even my wife wants to see it again, and she is not at all into the genres like I am)... I talked my dad into going with me and my wife last weekend (he's always hated Godzilla movies and never had ANY interest in the giant robot thing), and even HE loved it.

I'm afraid I can't relate to people having problems with the characters... I found every single one engaging and relatable, (even the egomaniacal Australian punk Chuck)...

SPOILER!!!

I can believe that Newt would be the villain in a sequel after drifting with a kaiju... It goes both ways!!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 1st 2024, 10:48 pm