Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl? Empty What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl?

Post  Paeter October 8th 2013, 10:17 pm

Coming up on the Spirit Blade Underground Podcast I plan to do a special episode regarding my personal search for the ultimate table-top dungeon crawl game. I may have found my answer, though I still need a few more play sessions to be sure. But I'd like your opinion as well!

So what is your favorite tabletop dungeon crawl game? This can be a Paper and Pencil RPG, a board game or a card game. And to encourage freedom in your selection I'm not even going to define "dungeon crawl". I just want your take on the best game for a tabletop "dungeon crawl" experience, and just as importantly, WHY your choice is such a good one for you.

And if you can't narrow it down, more than one is fine. But please also include the "why" part with each selection you make.

I look forward to sharing your answers on the show!

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl?

Post  mindspike October 9th 2013, 3:20 pm

My favorite dungeon crawl?

For pen-and-paper RPGs I like Pathfinder. It has a nice balance of options and challenges. It's the classic structure, and can be combined with minis and models for an excellent tactical simulation easily the equal of any board game.

I also Kickstarted a little push-your-luck dice game called Dungeon Roll, and have been very happily playing this ever since my copy arrived. It's essentially a multi-player solitaire dice game where you form a party and see how far you can delve into the nearby dragon's lair. Very pretty, small footprint, lots of play options, short game length. I like it.

Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl? Empty Re: What's Your Favorite Dungeon Crawl?

Post  Drew.Rub October 10th 2013, 4:04 pm

Munchkin. While not exactly a dungeon crawl, since there's nothing to actually map out, this game has all the elements of a dungeon crawl (okay, the original does. The expansions go in some humorous directions). It's card based, doesn't take a lot to learn the rules, the art and card names are outrageously hilarious, and the art of negotiation with your fellow players makes the game all the more enjoyable.
    Pathfinder (echoing Mindspike's reasonings)
    Dungeon Roll (yes, I've played the game at Mindspike's place)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 12:09 pm