Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Batman: Arkham Knight

Tim
    Tim

Activity : 258
    Geek-Cred : 4

Batman: Arkham Knight Empty Batman: Arkham Knight

Post  Tim March 5th 2014, 1:57 pm

The Next Installment of the Arkham Series.

The most exciting thing about this right off the bat (LOL) is that it is back in the hands of developer RockSteady. The Studio that made you feel like The Batman.

The articles about this game talk about ways that they might take this game further. Each Game has added something new. Arkham Asylum brought intuitive stealth and close quarters combat making you feel sneaky and powerful at the same time. Arkham City opened up the world to explore and travel as you wish while keeping the basics of the previous game. Arkham Origins (developed by Warner Bros) brought in an asymmetrical multiplayer experience and an even wider world to explore, though it did feel empty at times.

From the looks of this trailer we might for the first time be able to not only pounce from rooftop to rooftop and glide through the night sky like the predator that The Batman is, but also tear through the streets in the Batmobile.

What other things might this game bring to the table. Might we see an open world like the GTA series? With next gen systems, what trends from other games might find there way into this series? With an open world, might we see it filled out with a passive multiplayer like WatchDogs? Could we use a second screen app to take the roll of Oracle and help Batman to hack or gain information. Could there be jump in jump out coop with other members of the Bat-Family? This is just an announcement trailer so at this point anything is possible.

What would you like to see?

><> ><> ><> <>< ><> ><>
    Be BOLD

PS 144:1
    1COR 4:20

><>
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Batman: Arkham Knight Empty Re: Batman: Arkham Knight

Post  Rickster March 6th 2014, 2:19 am

Yeah i saw talk of the game on Facebook and honestly didn't think it was real because the game box looked like a bad photoshop creation but then I saw it advertised at the Gamestop website and knew it was real. I've only played the first one but I'm hopping to play the other two eventually. (right now I have enough games to hold me over with). I read that this will be the final game in the series so I'm curious on how the story will end
    DNArington
    DNArington

Activity : 806
    Geek-Cred : 28

Post  DNArington March 7th 2014, 5:57 pm

I'm excited to see how they will move the story forward after the ending of Arkham City.
    Spoiler:
    The game's director, Sefton Hill, said:

We hadn’t in the previous games introduced someone new to the universe. We wanted to introduce someone who could really challenge Batman to go head to head with him in lots of different ways. We’re not talking about those ways just yet but this guy is definitely a formidable foe for Batman.
    http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-new-villain/

So maybe they are going to introduce a completely new villain into the Batman mythos...? There are so many great Batman villains I honestly don't see the point in creating a new on instead of using an established one. 

I'm excited!

Rickster wrote: I read that this will be the final game in the series so I'm curious on how the story will end

That is what I've heard as well. It makes me wonder what they are going to do next. Are they going to reboot the Batman games? Start on a Superman game? Wonder Woman? A Justice League game? Anything? Nothing? There are so many things they could do with DC's properties that would be awesome!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter March 7th 2014, 6:01 pm

DNArington wrote: It makes me wonder what they are going to do next. Are they going to reboot the Batman games? Start on a Superman game? Wonder Woman? A Justice League game? Anything? Nothing? There are so many things they could do with DC's properties that would be awesome!

My thoughts exactly. I think a JL game might be too ambitious. They struck gold in figuring out how to make a Batman game finally work like it should, but the same mechanics may not be best for a JL game. Personally, I'd love more JL games like Justice League Heroes ("Diablo Style" action RPG).

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington March 28th 2014, 12:52 pm

Here is the reveal of their new villain:

Batman: Arkham Knight Batman-Arkham-Knight-Full-Costume-Image

There are a few more pictures here:
    http://gamerant.com/batman-arkham-knight-villain-revealed-images/
    Drew.Rub
    Drew.Rub

Activity : 611
    Geek-Cred : 18

Post  Drew.Rub March 28th 2014, 2:08 pm

I want that armor!!!!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 28th 2014, 6:41 pm

Drew.Rub wrote:I want that armor!!!!

While we're dreaming I'll take the biceps, pecs and waistline...

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster March 28th 2014, 7:29 pm

Paeter wrote:

*cough* lift weights *cough* lol
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter March 31st 2014, 12:38 pm

Rickster wrote:
    Paeter wrote:

*cough* lift weights *cough* lol

I may actually graduate to that, as my upper body exercise has been going well for awhile now. (I'm doing real big-boy push-ups!) But I'm not sure what the investment will be. But enough of this lame tangent of mine. Back to Batman!

Can anyone tell me if there are stealth or timed missions in these games after Arkham Asylum? I got frustrated with the first stealth mission in the demo and never bothered with the rest of the game because I hate playing the same part of a game over and over.

Also, a more general question for Arkham series fans: How has the gameplay changed over the series and what do you hope will be different or the same in the final installment?

www.spiritblade.com
    DNArington
    DNArington

Post  DNArington April 11th 2014, 9:46 pm

Paeter wrote:
    Can anyone tell me if there are stealth or timed missions in these games after Arkham Asylum? I got frustrated with the first stealth mission in the demo and never bothered with the rest of the game because I hate playing the same part of a game over and over.

Also, a more general question for Arkham series fans: How has the gameplay changed over the series and what do you hope will be different or the same in the final installment?
    I've only played through Arkham City, so I can't comment on Arkham Origins.

There are still stealth elements to Arkham City, but most of them are more "it helps to be stealthy" and less "don't be seen or you lose." Though there are still a couple of those missions. I honestly don't remember any timed missions, but I could be just forgetting.

From Arkham Asylum to Arkham City is quite an improvement gameplay wise. I would say the basic combat mechanics are the same, but there are a lot of refinements. Batman looks cooler and interacts with the environment more than he did in Asylum and there are quite a few more gadgets and with each new gadget comes a new combo that you can use while fighting a group of henchmen, but they aren't nessasry for taking them out. You can still use the basic punch/dodge controls and make your way through the game that way if you don't want to learn a bunch of combos. Overall this is my favorite game mechanics of any game I have played. It really makes you feel like Batman and therefore a total boss!

In Arkham Knight you will be able to use the Batmobile for the first time, so that should be awesome! As far as the fighting goes, I don't know how they can improve upon it much more. They could add more cool gadgets, but they better keep the core hit/dodge system. Who am I kidding? This is Rocksteady we're talking about. They'll probably make it above and beyond what I am hoping for and I can't wait for it!

Now I'm gonna' have to get my hands on a PS4...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 7th 2024, 4:03 pm