Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

5 posters

Action Figures?

tmorrill
    tmorrill

Activity : 405
    Geek-Cred : 20

Action Figures? Empty Action Figures?

Post  tmorrill September 12th 2014, 11:58 pm

I just heard the latest episode, and I have one thing to say.

Nathan, don't hide that Shadow Warrior action figure under a bushel! I wanna see a picture!
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Activity : 805
    Geek-Cred : 47

Action Figures? Empty Re: Action Figures?

Post  Nathan James Norman September 16th 2014, 8:19 am

tmorrill wrote:I just heard the latest episode, and I have one thing to say.

Nathan, don't hide that Shadow Warrior action figure under a bushel! I wanna see a picture!

I'll have to dig him out of storage from the move Smile
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman September 16th 2014, 8:53 am

Sooo.... anyone else have an action figure collection?

(My profile picture here features the "collect-n-connect" Parallax from the Green Lantern Movie Masters Line.... yes, I have them all.)
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter September 16th 2014, 6:13 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:Sooo.... anyone else have an action figure collection?

(My profile picture here features the "collect-n-connect" Parallax from the Green Lantern Movie Masters Line.... yes, I have them all.)

O my gosh, that's Parallax??? All this time I thought it was some weird plush monkey-type thing. I just thought, "Okay. Guy likes his stuffed animals. That's cool... Kinda..."

www.spiritblade.com
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike September 16th 2014, 6:25 pm

Paeter wrote:O my gosh, that's Parallax??? All this time I thought it was some weird plush monkey-type thing. I just thought, "Okay. Guy likes his stuffed animals. That's cool... Kinda..."

LOL!! I had exactly the same thought! But I was too embarrassed to admit it!

tmorrill

Post  tmorrill September 16th 2014, 10:13 pm

N-dawg wrote:Sooo.... anyone else have an action figure collection?

Not anymore. I had a bunch of random Star Trek and GI Joe action figures growing up, but I ended up selling some of them in a yard sale and donating a bunch to different charities. However, since I've started college I've wanted to buy a bunch of the green army men and stage battles in my apartment. Maybe I'll get one of the big GI Joes and set up a scene that looks like Gulliver's Travels.

mindspike wrote:
    Paeter wrote:O my gosh, that's Parallax??? All this time I thought it was some weird plush monkey-type thing. I just thought, "Okay. Guy likes his stuffed animals. That's cool... Kinda..."

LOL!! I had exactly the same thought! But I was too embarrassed to admit it!

I was just confused and didn't know what to think!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter September 17th 2014, 7:48 pm

tmorrill wrote:

Not anymore. I had a bunch of random Star Trek and GI Joe action figures growing up, but I ended up selling some of them in a yard sale and donating a bunch to different charities. However, since I've started college I've wanted to buy a bunch of the green army men and stage battles in my apartment. Maybe I'll get one of the big GI Joes and set up a scene that looks like Gulliver's Travels.

Dude! I want to see that photo!! Except you play the part of Gulliver!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill September 17th 2014, 7:53 pm

Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:

I'll see what I can do!
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill September 30th 2014, 10:38 pm

Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:

Soon... Paeter. Soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291250257506?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman October 1st 2014, 10:56 am

tmorrill wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:

Soon... Paeter. Soon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291250257506?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I think we're all a bad influence on you Travis!
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 2nd 2014, 10:07 am

Nathan James Norman wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:

Soon... Paeter. Soon.

We totally are. But that photo is gonna ROCK!!

www.spiritblade.com
    tmorrill
    tmorrill

Post  tmorrill October 3rd 2014, 11:49 pm

Nathan James Norman wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:
    Paeter wrote:
    tmorrill wrote:

Soon... Paeter. Soon.

You know, when I first found SBU I had a full time job, was well paid, and generally life was pretty good.

Now I'm a poor college student in a strange new city, I write as a hobby, and I just ordered action figures on ebay. I think this bad infleunce idea of yours has merit.
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Battlemech37 October 11th 2014, 9:28 pm

Does Lego mini figures count? I've really enjoyed collecting those - but I gotta warn you, if you have kids, they WILL disappear. My son has often swiped figures out of my collection to use in his own building projects. Hah hah. I did let him have a number of my old Power of the Force Star Wars figures I collected back in 96 or so (when those came out). You know, the series that had the buff Darth Vader? For a time we also collected some of the fisher price star wars figures, and our favorite clone wars action figures.
    Nathan James Norman
    Nathan James Norman
    Alliance Member

Post  Nathan James Norman October 14th 2014, 11:53 am

Battlemech37 wrote:Does Lego mini figures count? I've really enjoyed collecting those - but I gotta warn you, if you have kids, they WILL disappear. My son has often swiped figures out of my collection to use in his own building projects. Hah hah. I did let him have a number of my old Power of the Force Star Wars figures I collected back in 96 or so (when those came out). You know, the series that had the buff Darth Vader? For a time we also collected some of the fisher price star wars figures, and our favorite clone wars action figures.

These totally count!

And that's totally awesome! (And it is yet another area of collecting I'm steering:lol!: clear of so that my bank account isn't decimated!)
    Battlemech37
    Battlemech37

Activity : 53
    Geek-Cred : 0

Post  Battlemech37 October 14th 2014, 9:54 pm

The fun thing about the Lego Mini figures is the customization. Plus, there's folks out there who create custom figures, accessories and weapons based on popular sci fi franchises and themes.

Plus, you can't be the 2.99 price point per mini figure, which you can purchase at Target (at least here in the midwest).

However, while you could probably build up a pretty sizable army of Lego stormtroopers or rebel alliance (as these are pretty plentiful in cheaper sets), the more popular figures are going to cost quite a bit more because of their rarity - which, is by design I'm sure.

I also forgot to mention Hot Wheels. I've seen some pretty rabid collecting of these too, as well as a sort of "home brew" movement where people will customize hot wheels with unique wheels, paint jobs, and interiors.

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Post  Paeter October 15th 2014, 7:48 pm

tmorrill wrote:

You know, when I first found SBU I had a full time job, was well paid, and generally life was pretty good.

Now I'm a poor college student in a strange new city, I write as a hobby, and I just ordered action figures on ebay. I think this bad infleunce idea of yours has merit.

lol!

So sorry, dude!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 15th 2024, 11:09 am