Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

Favorite Non-Super Comics

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8031
    Geek-Cred : 60

Favorite Non-Super Comics Empty Favorite Non-Super Comics

Post  Paeter February 8th 2016, 11:58 am

Now that I've finished my latest run through Farscape I'm finally ready to dig in to the Farscape comic books I bought two years ago when my run with Farscape started. That got me thinking that it's pretty rare for me to read a comic that does not involve superheroes or superhumans (superheroes/supervillains too cool for costumes and code names, but we all know what you really are).

So I'm curious what comics you guys have enjoyed that do not feature super-powered people but cover some other setting like fantasy, sci-fi or horror. Any recommendations or guilty pleasures?

www.spiritblade.com
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1759
    Geek-Cred : 11

Favorite Non-Super Comics Empty Re: Favorite Non-Super Comics

Post  AdamCollings February 8th 2016, 8:37 pm

Star Trek.

Actually, I'm not really a comic book reader, though I love superheroes.

However, I have a collection of digital Star Trek comics I got through humble bundle (and I even ordered a paper copy of Star Trek Countdown from America in 2009). Come to think of it, I should finish reading the ones I got on humble bundle.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster February 11th 2016, 5:20 pm

I was reading the Disney Afternoon comics Boom was doing a few years back and with Darkwing Duck comics coming back I'm hoping some of the other DA comics will return.
    Also Disney/Marvel has been doing some comics based on Disney attractions like Big Thunder Mountain and Haunted Mansion that I've been wanting to check out.
    mindspike
    mindspike
    Admin

Activity : 1035
    Geek-Cred : 39

Post  mindspike February 12th 2016, 3:09 pm

"Girl Genius" is for my money the best comic book currently in publication. Gaslamp steampunk with mad scientists and Science!

"Atomic Robo" is a close second. I want to be an action-scientist when I grow up!

Though it could be considered a "super power" comic, I am newly in love with "Star Power". It's much more similar to Doc Smith's Lensman series, though a comparison will inevitably be drawn to Green Lantern or Nova.

All of them are web comics and free to read. Atomic Robo and Star Power are on Patreon. Girl Genius does an annual Kickstarter.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 16th 2024, 10:35 pm