Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

3 posters

Bethesda RPGs Don't End!

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Bethesda RPGs Don't End! Empty Bethesda RPGs Don't End!

Post  Paeter February 10th 2016, 8:11 pm

Holy crap. I'm playing Skyrim again.

Got a little tired of the constant low-level stress of the Far Cry games (due to the confined and stressful nature of the story missions compared to the open-ended "approach however you want" nature of the much more enjoyable side-quests) and wanted to play something open world where I wouldn't have to fear dying so much. Decided to print out a map of Skyrim with all locations marked and began meticulously comparing it to my in-game map. Despite walking up and down that entire map with a fine-toothed comb for over 300 hours I actually found a handful of locations I haven't been to yet! 

Then I've still got my goal to find every location in the Shivering Isles for Elder Scrolls Oblivion and win the game by closing every Oblivion gate that opens, which is apparently a rare alternate victory scenario.  

I suppose I could still go back to Fallout 4, as there are tons of locations I haven't been to yet. But I didn't find the systems as engaging or varied as I'd hoped for in that game. (Potion making, crafting, spell creation, becoming a vampire, becoming a werewolf, a thief, a wizard, etc.) I think I also just really prefer the fantasy genre over sci-fi these days.

And now that Bethesda has announced that they WILL be doing another press event at E3 this summer, I'm awash with unreasonable hopes that we'll get a "Skyrim: New Vegas" (I think they probably won't even announce a proper Elder Scrolls sequel) or at least a PS4 upscaled version of Skyrim to start all over again. Mmmmmm... Delicious...

www.spiritblade.com
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

Bethesda RPGs Don't End! Empty Re: Bethesda RPGs Don't End!

Post  mikel.withers February 10th 2016, 9:30 pm

I go back to Skyrim every few months. I don't even have all the DLC for it.
    I am looking to pick up Oblivion and the other one there at some point. Those worlds are just very interesting.
    CreatorsPixels
    CreatorsPixels

Activity : 236
    Geek-Cred : 8

Post  CreatorsPixels February 11th 2016, 5:11 pm

I'm dying for them to come out with Skyrim Backwards compatibility on xBox One!!! I love that game, but I've been resisting getting back in till I'm on the xbone cause i'll never get away from it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 2nd 2024, 8:06 am