Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

+2
mikel.withers
Rickster
6 posters

This Christmas season going to suck

Rickster
    Rickster

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

This Christmas season going to suck Empty This Christmas season going to suck

Post  Rickster November 15th 2016, 8:55 pm

It's not even Thanksgiving yet and I'm already for the Christmas season to be over. My mom loved this time of year she loved Christmas music and watching Christmas movies on Hallmark. Now that she's gone this season just hurts. I've already broken down and cried twice once when hearing I'll be home for Christmas at Disneyland to film my most recent vlog episode and again today at Jack in the box when I heard the line "Just like the one I use to know" from the song White Christmas and realized that I can never have the Christmases I use to know ever again.
    Not only is this my 2nd Christmas without my mom it'll be my 1st Christmas without my Grandma. I know that both my Mom and Gram are Heaven and finally have the peace that they deserve (my mom was a single mother who worked 2 jobs pretty much her entire adult life and my Gram had been in consent pain for years) and they are there with Him because of who's birth we celebrate this season. But knowing that sure doesnt make things easier.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Activity : 723
    Geek-Cred : 9

This Christmas season going to suck Empty Re: This Christmas season going to suck

Post  mikel.withers November 16th 2016, 9:26 am

...but at least it will suck from Florida.

I've heard that starting a new tradition can help with transitioning to the new normal. Aside from that, all I have is empathy for you, bro.
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

This Christmas season going to suck Empty Re: This Christmas season going to suck

Post  jorowi November 16th 2016, 10:49 am

Sorry to here that, dude. Crying or Very sad

Twitter
    Instagram
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster November 16th 2016, 1:11 pm

mikel.withers wrote:...but at least it will suck from Florida.

Actually California so we get snow in the mountains
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 16th 2016, 7:16 pm

That really sucks.
    I like Mike's suggestion of starting some new traditions. Probably won't take the pain away, but might help you move forward.
    either way, praying that you can find joy and hope in Christ during this time.
    Reed Benson
    Reed Benson

Activity : 406
    Geek-Cred : 1

Post  Reed Benson November 16th 2016, 10:27 pm

Sorry to hear that, Rickster. I can't imagine what that's like, so I don't really have any advice. I pray the Lord will give you the strength to get through the darkness and make it to the light on the other side. They say grief never actually goes away, it just gets more manageable.

I'm thankful that you have the hope of Christ and eternal life, so you at least know your loved ones aren't gone forever. And I'm thankful that you can love.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers November 17th 2016, 9:26 am

Rickster wrote:

Disney World, Disney Land... whichever... Embarassed

Here in Central New York, we are looking at up to a foot of snow falling on us this Sunday. (probably more like a couple of inches unless you're caught in a Lake effect band)
    What I meant was: enjoy that you are less likely to be dealing with that.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 17th 2016, 10:03 am

Hang in there, Rickster. Praying for you.

www.spiritblade.com
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster November 17th 2016, 1:03 pm

mikel.withers wrote:
    Rickster wrote:

Disney World, Disney Land... whichever... Embarassed

Here in Central New York, we are looking at up to a foot of snow falling on us this Sunday. (probably more like a couple of inches unless you're caught in a Lake effect band)
    What I meant was: enjoy that you are less likely to be dealing with that.

it gets cold here yesterday was in the 60s brrrrr.

it'll be hard but I'll survive. My family and I did start some new traditions last year maybe see if we can expand on it a little.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers November 17th 2016, 1:49 pm

Rickster wrote:

Dude, I don't swear very often, but you might just bring out some foul language.
    60's...that is tshirt and shorts weather.
    Rickster
    Rickster

Post  Rickster November 17th 2016, 4:18 pm

mikel.withers wrote:
    Rickster wrote:

Dude, I don't swear very often, but you might just bring out some foul language.
    60's...that is tshirt and shorts weather.

60's is heater and hot coco weather lol the news weather man said no more 90s temperature in Nov and that was sad. I've lived in So Cal my entire life so I know I' a wimp when it comes to cold weather lol. But for some strange reason I like to joke about how cold it is here. I guess I want people to hate me lol
    AdamCollings
    AdamCollings

Activity : 1755
    Geek-Cred : 11

Post  AdamCollings November 17th 2016, 5:24 pm

Just did a quick conversion. 60 is 15 celcius, and 90 is 32 c.
    I would find 90 very uncomfortable, but 60 quite acceptable. Anything over 25C (77 f) and I start to moan and can't function.
    Not a lover of heat. Guess that's why I live just north of Antarctica.
    mikel.withers
    mikel.withers

Post  mikel.withers November 18th 2016, 10:25 am

Where I live, when the temperatures start to hit 60/15 in the spring, we still have icy piles of plowed snow on the sides of the road. It is the time of year when birds start returning, when maple sap is running, when crocus and snow drops flower, and when thousands of pale people who haven't seen the sun in four or five months decide to go outside in flip flops and shorts. (more glare off our legs than off the snow)

It is quite literally the ugliest time of the year, but we get SO excited to see those hardy little flowers.
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter November 23rd 2016, 11:52 am

mikel.withers wrote:Where I live, when the temperatures start to hit 60/15 in the spring, we still have icy piles of plowed snow on the sides of the road. It is the time of year when birds start returning, when maple sap is running, when crocus and snow drops flower, and when thousands of pale people who haven't seen the sun in four or five months decide to go outside in flip flops and shorts. (more glare off our legs than off the snow)

It is quite literally the ugliest time of the year, but we get SO excited to see those hardy little flowers.

I want a picture of you in flip flops next to snow!

www.spiritblade.com

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 5:14 am