Christian Geek Central Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Online Community Of Christian Geek Central

4 posters

What Are Your Hopes For Rogue One?

Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

What Are Your Hopes For Rogue One? Empty What Are Your Hopes For Rogue One?

Post  Paeter December 6th 2016, 10:13 am

I know I'm probably the oddball here that wants it to be as grounded and potentially emotional as it looks in the trailer. In fact I could got for a serious, weighty take on the whole Star Wars Universe, something more like LOTR in tone (which DID have a little charming "cuteness", but less as the movies went on).

I'm also wondering what it will feel like without two lightsabers going at it, but I think I can be cool with just a great sci-fi action movie with some bonus "force bits" here and there. Oddly enough, I wonder if this movie will have people talking about the force more than Ep 7. Just a vibe I get from the two Jedi-types in the trailer. Predicting some kind of "force talk" coming from one or both of them.

And though I'd be surprised if they went through with it, I'd love an ending where basically all the heroes die, since none of them are in the classic movies anyway, right?

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

What Are Your Hopes For Rogue One? Empty Re: What Are Your Hopes For Rogue One?

Post  WhiteBoy December 6th 2016, 11:21 am

Mon Mothma wrote: Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

There is definitely potential for a lot of casualties in this movie.  It is set during what is arguably the peak of the Empire and its oppression and before the Rebellion has mustered as much strength and momentum as it has in Episodes 4-6.

I wonder if this is intended to be a one-and-done movie or is this supposed to be a spin-off series?  Has anyone heard either way? As far as I know it's just the single movie, but I'm not as in touch with the Star Wars scoop as I used to be.  I have heard that other movies coming are a young Han Solo movie and a Boba Fett movie.  There is definitely plenty of material to do several singular movies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just lining up the cows to be milked like a dairy farm.

Activity : 2338
    Geek-Cred : 16

Post  Rickster December 6th 2016, 1:40 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:
    Mon Mothma wrote: Many Bothans died to bring us this information.

There is definitely potential for a lot of casualties in this movie.  It is set during what is arguably the peak of the Empire and its oppression and before the Rebellion has mustered as much strength and momentum as it has in Episodes 4-6.  

I wonder if this is intended to be a one-and-done movie or is this supposed to be a spin-off series?  Has anyone heard either way?  As far as I know it's just the single movie, but I'm not as in touch with the Star Wars scoop as I used to be.  I have heard that other movies coming are a young Han Solo movie and a Boba Fett movie.  There is definitely plenty of material to do several singular movies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were just lining up the cows to be milked like a dairy farm.

Why would the call it Rouge one if they weren't planning on making Rouge two?

Actually it was announced recently that they're not planning to be any sequels to this. And the Han Solo movie is in preproduction and comes out in 2018 with Alden Ehrenreich as Han, Donald Glover as Lando, and Emila Clarke as TBA.

Also recently announced is Don't expect an Episode X
    jorowi
    jorowi
    Admin

Activity : 1094
    Geek-Cred : 7

Post  jorowi December 6th 2016, 3:33 pm

I'm keeping my expectation low so that I can be pleasantly surprised.

Twitter
    Instagram
    Paeter
    Paeter
    Admin

Activity : 8030
    Geek-Cred : 60

Post  Paeter December 7th 2016, 10:06 am

Rickster wrote:

Also recently announced is Don't expect an Episode X

I haven't read the source but I've heard about that as well. Sounds like a great move! Get away from the numbers and you're released from tonal expectations. Maybe this franchise will finally go the route I've been hoping it would someday!

www.spiritblade.com
    WhiteBoy
    WhiteBoy

Activity : 855
    Geek-Cred : 12

Post  WhiteBoy December 7th 2016, 10:49 am

Why would the call it Rouge one if they weren't planning on making Rouge two?
    Rogue One is just their call sign and indicates they are part of Rogue Squadron. From the trailer it sounds like they just came up with it off the cuff, so it's probably the beginnings of Rogue Squadron.

Wraith Squadron would be a great foundation for a movie too. Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 29th 2024, 1:05 am